• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Photos of the Leader. Which one do you like the best?

6 posts in this topic

I wanted to use a nice photo of the Hulk's main enemy in the early Tales To Astonish stories, the Leader, for my picture avatar on the CGC boards. Turns out it was mostly a waste of time since the board Administrator's restrictions reduce the picture size so small you can't see much. However, below are some of the pictures I took of the Leader. I thought somebody out there in Tales To Astonish land might enjoy looking at them.

leader1.jpg
This is the photo I used for my avatar since the low-key lighting makes the Leader look more ominous and sinister.
leader2.jpg
This photo is nice with more pronounced rim lighting on the Leader. The background shows one of the Leader's plastic inventions. He liked working in plastic and made all of his early Humanoids out of it. Check out the splash page to the Hulk story in Tales To Astonish #70 for another example of his plastic handiwork.
leader3.jpg
This photo has more normal lighting.The background shows another of the Leader's colorful plastic inventions.
leader4.jpg
The extreme high-key lighting in this photo is eye-catching but way to harsh and direct. That's the effect you get from using the camera's flash unit instead of external lights.