• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TALES TO ASTONISH/TALES OF SUSPENSE HIGH GRADE FOR SALE! DTACOLLECTIBLES!

48 posts in this topic

I thought it was "uncool" to krap in someones selling thread.

Is there something about this seller that I don't know about?

Long, long time dealer that I can't recall ever hearing anything bad about.

I should add, long time collector/comic historian. He has been around a long time and been very important to the hobby.

Man, this place is a tough crowd that you can't pull anything over. The forum is relentless. I still remember Bob Beerbohm making an unfortunate stopover on the forums and getting a group dickslap upside his head. :cry:

lol

i dont understand why all the commotion. i dont see that he broke any rules on the boards, sure his prices are high, but no one is forcing you to buy. PM him an offer or move on

Only breach of etiquette was posting outside of the Dealer's section.

i dont understand why all the commotion. i dont see that he broke any rules on the boards, sure his prices are high, but no one is forcing you to buy. PM him an offer or move on

If books are available only here on the boards(as well as meeting the other guidelines) the thread is acceptable, regardless of the prices.

If books are available only here on the boards(as well as meeting the other guidelines) the thread is acceptable, regardless of the prices.

Any issue with the use of logos, web-site details, contact details, banners, etc? (shrug)

Why pay $175 for a VF+ TOS 73 when you can get a VF/VF+ one for only $60

:o

Is that the same book? :o Indeed...

This is the problem with this sales thread. Selling in two places and not exclusive to this forum. And to think the price is so much less expensive on eBay? (tsk)

Its not the same book, so there is no problem. If you will look at both, it is easy to tell.

I tend to agree with Nick, the logo, advertising etc are not appropriate for this forum.

Any issue with the use of logos, web-site details, contact details, banners, etc? (shrug)

Are you you asking if I have an issue or is it a guideline issue?

If you are asking if it's a guideline issue, then I would say no:

a) None of the images are active links to the website or outside site- which would indeed violate the guidelines.

b) Shows items, grades, scans, acceptable forms of payment, requests "PM if interested" under the .jpg of the items/banner/onfo, image links to image specific page, not seller website.

If you are asking if I personally think it's an issue, then my answer is: It's a gray area where the seller, who doesn't sell here much, has provided enough reference material for buyer confidence with out actually violating stated guidelines. I would personally prefer not to see website addresses as part of the post, but again I don't see a direct guideline issue.

a) None of the images are active links to the website or outside site- which would indeed violate the guidelines.

b) Shows items, grades, scans, acceptable forms of payment, requests "PM if interested" under the .jpg of the items/banner/onfo, image links to image specific page, not seller website.

If you are asking if I personally think it's an issue, then my answer is: It's a gray area where the seller, who doesn't sell here much, has provided enough reference material for buyer confidence with out actually violating stated guidelines. I would personally prefer not to see website addresses as part of the post, but again I don't see a direct guideline issue.

This should be taken somewhere else. This thread is getting unnecessary bumps.

Why pay $175 for a VF+ TOS 73 when you can get a VF/VF+ one for only $60

:o

Is that the same book? :o Indeed...

This is the problem with this sales thread. Selling in two places and not exclusive to this forum. And to think the price is so much less expensive on eBay? (tsk)

Its not the same book, so there is no problem. If you will look at both, it is easy to tell.

I tend to agree with Nick, the logo, advertising etc are not appropriate for this forum.

Ok I stand corrected...my apologies to the OP

The issue of the banners logos etc. were raised months ago when the OP joined and started listing. Either this has been resolved (unbeknownst to any of us) or it is being ignored. To me whether or not it complies to the letter of the law or not, it violates the spirit guiding the separation of this forum and the dealer forum.

And let's be honest here. This is nothing but an attempt to drive business to the web site. OP has no interest in these boards but to hawk books. I don't care if he's the Herodotus of comics, his participation on these boards to date has only involved selling in the manner of this thread.

Maybe but the comments about pricing is just bad form. I'd be pizzed if this was my sales thread.

Maybe but the comments about pricing is just bad form. I'd be pizzed if this was my sales thread.

I agree about comments re: price.

But this would not be your sales thread.

Yeah, agreed. (thumbs u

I just do the same thing as I do on Ebay when I see DTA....I ignore it and move on (thumbs u

I think more and more "dealer's" are going to probably start trying to "use" the selling forum. Dealer's I think are for the most part welcome, but the one's I "deal" with are the board regulars who actually "participate" in the CGC community. Not just a stop drop and roll sales philosophy.

The issue of the banners logos etc. were raised months ago when the OP joined and started listing. Either this has been resolved (unbeknownst to any of us) or it is being ignored. To me whether or not it complies to the letter of the law or not, it violates the spirit guiding the separation of this forum and the dealer forum.

And let's be honest here. This is nothing but an attempt to drive business to the web site. OP has no interest in these boards but to hawk books. I don't care if he's the Herodotus of comics, his participation on these boards to date has only involved selling in the manner of this thread.

These are my thoughts exactly. It's not a 'thread', so much as an opportunity to pinch some free advertising real estate. Right now I'm running my own thread and although the books haven't reached company stock yet, they are still owned by...

Coloursinglelogo.jpg

...but do I have the logo in the thread? Or the web-site URL? Or contact details?

No, sir, I do not, as that would not be cricket. :sumo:

+1

Give me a break. I think that insulting our intelligence is bad form! Did you read the advertising in the original post?

"As an exclusive offer to CGC forum members we have hand-picked these books from our extensive inventory and are offering them at an extreme discount. (My bold italics)