• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To be deleted.

12 posts in this topic

Damn it! And I did a search for "Four Color Collecting" in the subject alone and it did not come up! I would have searched for "Four Color" in the subject but then I would have gotten thousands of items. The Search function of this board needs to be improved so that a search can be conducted for just threads and not posts.

rantrant

I know that! But even when you restrict the search to Title Only the program still gives every single blessed reply to each of the threads that come up!

Moreover my favoured technique of adding more words to narrow the search doesn't work as the program is set up to provide hits on any - as opposed to all - of the words.

And I asked that this thread be deleted several hours ago.

rantrant

The search function is useless.

I go to Google - what I would do in this case is search:

"four color" site:boards.collectors-society.com

The first hit would give you the thread you want.

Google is your friend.

I know that! But even when you restrict the search to Title Only the program still gives every single blessed reply to each of the threads that come up!

Moreover my favoured technique of adding more words to narrow the search doesn't work as the program is set up to provide hits on any - as opposed to all - the words.

Gotcha. I tend to further restrict by poster's name. That cuts down on the replies.

This thread's gotta go :sumo:

Moreover my favoured technique of adding more words to narrow the search doesn't work as the program is set up to provide hits on any - as opposed to all - the words.

And I asked that this thread be deleted several hours ago.

rantrant

The mods won't delete a thread unless some nastiness took place in it. Once someone replies to the original post, the OP can't delete his/her thread