• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #35 Low Grade - Closed -

31 posts in this topic

Standards rules apply. First :takeit: wins out. NO probation list buyers, NO HOS buyers, and NO new members to the boards who have been here less than 3 months without good credibility.

Asking price is pretty firm but Offers via PM are always welcome.

Book will be shipped in a "Fortress Holder"

Check preferred, paypal please add 3%. These are the only forms of payment.

Shipping will be via USPS Express or Priority Mail fully insured - FREE

Only shipping to U.S. but Canadian boardies are welcome to inquire (especially if we have worked together before)

Tec 35

Grade: I'm calling it a raw Fair with (Slight A) resto (glue on first wrap.) But please be aware this book was CGC graded, it was cracked before I bought it, and was given a CGC .5 (Poor) Slight (A). But it is fully complete! - see pictures below.

This is truly a gorgeous book and when you look at it your probably thinking what the huh?!? when you see the grade. Simply put this is a book that has been graded extremely low (way lower than it presents) all based on technicalities. It has a detached and split front and back cover. The first wrap is detached but has been reattached with glue around the staple area. Also there is a moderately sized, smaller width wise but long, piece missing from the back cover on the far right and spine area. Interior is solid, with no pieces or anything missing, and has Cream to Off-White pages.

Most books today with a detached and split cover get hit hard, and usually grade 1.0/1.5 at best (thought there are exceptions). This book having that defect as well as a detached first wrap is what dragged it into the technical CGC .5 range. And yes it is technically restored but that restoration is only glue and minor at that. For the price you will not find a better displaying Tec.

I'm asking ______ obo for this gorgeous example. (Which in a world of most copies in the lower grades, unrestored and restored, now fetching 10K and over, _____- for a 35 with this much eye appeal is an event a serious collector should not pass up!)

This has been cracked out of the slab and is now Raw! I purchased it from a board member nearly a year ago (and that board member has previously acquired it off eBay - slabbed pics are from that eBay auction)

closed

IMG_1818-1.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

From when it was slabbed:

Picture19-1.png

Picture18-1.png

Picture20-1.png

Piece missing on Back cover (its moderate width wise but is long):

Picture20-1-1.png

Where did you get this? She looks in worse shape than the Tec 35.

Her hubby Russell Brand took the pic last week and posted it on her Twitter account. It was only there a few minutes before one of them deleted it. I'm sure she was none too pleased.

Her hubby Russell Brand took the pic last week and posted it on her Twitter account. It was only there a few minutes before one of them deleted it. I'm sure she was none too pleased.

Anyone who lives with Russell Brand deserves to look in distress.

TRUTH.

(worship) (worship) (worship) My dream book

:baiting:

That book (Tec35) is like my curse, everytime i save enough money ( ive done this 3 times were i save over 5K and spend it) that book comes up for sale :frustrated: right after i buy something else

She actually looks like she goes to the bathroom like the rest of us in that pic! :eek:

You could probably sell the photo to the National Enquirer.