• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle Good eats things to do ...

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

There are many great places to eat in the market.

I like Café Campagne for breakfast and Maximilien for Sunday brunch. Lowell’s is also a classic for breakfast. El Gaucho is my personal favorite for steak, but Morton’s on 6th and Pine is pretty sweet and it’s right by the hotel (Sheraton) and the convention center. Umi does good sushi if that’s your thing, really good.

As far as man vs food, Washington State is the home of the burger shack. The closest big burger that I can think of is at Zippy’s Giant Burgers, try the Big Mouth. If you have time to drive, hit the Bunkhouse and try the Trail Boss, that thing almost killed me. One of my friends ate it in 23 minutes. There is also XXX Root Beer just outside of Seattle, the XXX burger is pretty good. I'm sure there are other "big food" places out there, but I mostly focus on the burger!

Lastly, hit Elliott’s on pier 56. It has one of the best oyster bars I’ve seen. Good seafood and drinks.

Cafe Campagne

Maximilien

Lowell's

El Gaucho

Umi

Zippy's

Bunkhouse Elliott's Morton's

XXX

The XXX

9TheXXXburger.jpg

Me vs The XXX

10YouMustDieIAloneAmBest.jpg

The 4.5 pound Trail Boss!

TheTrailBoss.jpg

The Big Mouth

9TheBigMouthThatsonebigburger.jpg

Hi,

There are many great places to eat in the market.

I like Café Campagne for breakfast and Maximilien for Sunday brunch. Lowells is also a classic for breakfast. El Gaucho is my personal favorite for steak, but Mortons on 6th and Pine is pretty sweet and its right by the hotel (Sheraton) and the convention center. Umi does good sushi if thats your thing, really good.

As far as man vs food, Washington State is the home of the burger shack. The closest big burger that I can think of is at Zippys Giant Burgers, try the Big Mouth. If you have time to drive, hit the Bunkhouse and try the Trail Boss, that thing almost killed me. One of my friends ate it in 23 minutes. There is also XXX Root Beer just outside of Seattle, the XXX burger is pretty good. I'm sure there are other "big food" places out there, but I mostly focus on the burger!

Lastly, hit Elliotts on pier 56. It has one of the best oyster bars Ive seen. Good seafood and drinks.

Cafe Campagne

Maximilien

Lowell's

El Gaucho

Umi

Zippy's

Bunkhouse Elliott's Morton's

XXX

The XXX

9TheXXXburger.jpg

Me vs The XXX

10YouMustDieIAloneAmBest.jpg

The 4.5 pound Trail Boss!

TheTrailBoss.jpg

The Big Mouth

9TheBigMouthThatsonebigburger.jpg

MMM...Cheeseburgers :cloud9:

I wish I was going there. I would check out the pikes market. And there is a great place to eat on the block paralell to quest staduim called 'Salute'. It is spendy but the food is authentic and they serve foriegn booze and beer. Pretty sweet place calamari is excellent.

Pikes market is pretty sweet they have an open air fish market there and they throw fish around. I dunno about this time of year but it is a tourist trap for sure so there running almost every day. Grab some salmon thats still wet from the ocean.

I love Seattle :headbang: I've been there twice and would move there if afforded the opportunity.

Check out any of Tom Douglas' restaurants .

Also, if you make it to Ballard, check out La Carta

i would second the tom douglas worship; they ain't cheap but them's good eats. i love the dahlia lounge but the kids like etta's.

awesome ideas for food so far guys thanks :) For some entertainment I was thinking of going up to the Seattle tower at night if its clear & snap some pics Since I've not gone there yet

I love Seattle :headbang: I've been there twice and would move there if afforded the opportunity.

Check out any of Tom Douglas' restaurants .

Also, if you make it to Ballard, check out La Carta

i would second the tom douglas worship; they ain't cheap but them's good eats. i love the dahlia lounge but the kids like etta's.

Volterra in Ballard has an amazing "Oil" soup. Great food.

• Administrator
Well, if you like beer and good food and have a car:

Naked City Brewing

Prost Tavern

Uber (think this was just a bar...) Elysian Brewing Company

must've been getting late in the evening :devil:

Well, we did the first three in one night :P

I had:

Fat Tire

Naked City Impact IPA

Naked City Duplicity

Spaten Oktoberfest

Rogue John John

Victory Old Horizontal

(thumbs u

• Administrator

I'm not scheduled for the show, sorry. You should invite Paul and Shawn, though. ;)

I'll celebrate in your honor (everyone) on Sunday at the Brewer's Ball!!!