• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Fellas, I Need a BIG Favor!

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I am being offered the comic books contained in the following slide show. The seller and I are currently negotiating. I just received the slideshow today.

https://cid-a3782f47362bb46b.photos.live.com/play.aspx/Ghost%20rider%20%5EN6%5EJ7%5EJ8%20%5E0%209?Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos

I know the scans are not like you're used to seeing, but I am hopeful you can tell me the rough "ball park" numerical score for each of the Marvel Spotlight #s 6, 7, 8, 9.

I really trust you guys in giving these an accurate visual inspection with your "rough" numerical grades.

I apologize in advance, but I don't know who to turn to for "expert" grading. I don't want to overpay for comics that aren't graded properly.

All of you guys have been super terrific to me since I joined, and I appreciate that you've been patient with me. :headbang:

Thanks in advance for ANYONE who decides to help me on this transaction. (worship)

I don't have a WindowsLive.png ID :(

I don't either, yet I managed to get access. That's weird. (shrug)

Anyway, I'll glom onto the images and start posting them in the thread here individually as I can get them.

Here's the first one.

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #6

Z-MarvelSpotlight6Front.jpg

Z-MarvelSpotlight6Back.jpg

Z-MarvelSpotlight6Interior.jpg

These photos are hiding tons of flaws. These are common issues that you should be able to find in better condition pretty easily.

Thank you. So in you professional opinion, do you think I should pass on this lot? ???

The seller wants $30 each for #s 6,7,8

He'll take $10 for #9.

Once again, I am so damn grateful to have found this forum. You rule! :applause:

Hahahahahahaha! Run away, MODOK, run away! :whee:

Thank you guys, for looking out for me. MUCH APPRECIATED!

My wallet could've been bonked if I hadn't asked! :makepoint:

If the seller questions me why I'm passing on these comic books, I will certainly provide him with a link to this thread. You guys have been grading for years. :idea:

As I said before, I VERY grateful to you guys. I'm a total newbie at grading, so your help = MUCH APPRECIATED! :headbang:

These photos are hiding tons of flaws. These are common issues that you should be able to find in better condition pretty easily.

Thank you. So in you professional opinion, do you think I should pass on this lot? ???

The seller wants $30 each for #s 6,7,8

He'll take $10 for #9.

Once again, I am so damn grateful to have found this forum. You rule! :applause:

$30 each? :roflmao: I was thinking closer to $30 total, although they may be a bit nicer... if they aren't worse.

Good move showing those here. Way too expensive for what they are.

Average grade looks to be VFish (7.5-8.5)...in other words...pretty average grade for bronze books. I wouldn't be spending spectacular money in this grade unless they are key...these are not.

Good move showing those here. Way too expensive for what they are.

Average grade looks to be VFish (7.5-8.5)...in other words...pretty average grade for bronze books. I wouldn't be spending spectacular money in this grade unless they are key...these are not.

I'd pay $30 for the #5 in this grade . . . :grin:

Thanks again, fellas, for watching out for me! (thumbs u

Being the proverbial "newbie" at grading comic books, I wanted to get your veteran opinions.

I owe you guys! :applause: