• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on my $2.00 Legal Size Scanner...

28 posts in this topic

Just found this at a nearby Goodwill... crossed my fingers, hoped for the best.

It needed some lubricant on the slide bar but after all that, this is what I have.

(No descreens or sharpening... just a straight scan.)

Microtek V300

more74.jpg

That's akin to finding a magic seed! With such a fabulous scanner that scans clearly, your slabs will become more attractive and money will start rolling in! Congrats! Haha but seriously, it's impossibly unbelievable to find a working scanner for $2. Great find! (thumbs u

Just found this at a nearby Goodwill... crossed my fingers, hoped for the best.

It needed some lubricant on the slide bar but after all that, this is what I have.

(No descreens or sharpening... just a straight scan.)

Microtek V300

You could have had those features if you weren't so cheap...

and bought the $2.50 model they had. :makepoint:

Oh... the first book was scanned at 75dpi (I think :eek:) and the second was scanned at 150.

I sort of understand computer screens displaying at 72 but I do notice a difference in picking up the print on the slabs.

Oh... the first book was scanned at 75dpi (I think :eek:) and the second was scanned at 150.

I sort of understand computer screens displaying at 72 but I do notice a difference in picking up the print on the slabs.

Old CRT monitors were 72dpi. Which means is you scanned something at 75dpi and 100%, it would display on the monitor just a few pixels larger than the actual size.

Scanning something at 150dpi and 100% would give you twice as many pixels, and when displayed on the monitor, would be twice as large as the 75dpi/100% scan.

Scanning something at 75dpi and 200% would yield the same exact pixel count as the 150dpi/100% scan, and would thus display on the monitor as the same exact size.

When viewing it on the monitor, it's all in the pixels.