• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the strangest way you've ever received a comic???

66 posts in this topic

This is comical, but true:

There was a time in middle school when I had enough of this one larger kid

that was bullying me. He was chasing me as usual and I stopped and hell with it

and POW! I knocked his arse flat with a lucky uppercut. It connected so good even I was

stunned to see him fall like that.

I was getting ready to paste him another when he said "wait, wait - you like comics don't you?"

and strange enough he brought me some books out of his locker trying to make friends.

I took the books and walked away...

If I known that I would've hit him sooner.

What's the strangest way you've ever received a comic???

hm

Well, I don't have a story like that but I did receive a comic from a member of these boards, who will remain unmentioned, wrapped between two real estate guides (like the ones you get in the super market) and they were duct taped together. :doh: And it was a GL key book too!

Well, I don't have a story like that but I did receive a comic from a member of these boards, who will remain unmentioned, wrapped between two real estate guides (like the ones you get in the super market) and they were duct taped together. :doh: And it was a GL key book too!

Now that's beautiful!

(worship)

What brought this about is that I got a free comic today in a bizarre happening...

I was at my LCS and a new girl running the place screamed when she moved a small box

and a huge Brown Recluse came crawling out. I grabbed the closest thing to me...

A Toon Tumbler and smashed it good on the table with the bottom of the glass

(who knew, multiple usages right?)

Anyway for saving this damsel from this pest I got my weekly book free of charge.

I know the owner and I will pay him for it anyway, but odd enough to be able to use a

toontumbler of all things as a weapon.

:cloud9:

Oh my God! was the book OK?

I recieved a HG copy of FC #178 shrink wrapped tight in plastic. No cardboard or anything.

I also recieved a HG western FC with a thick piece of cardboard in the centerfold. It ruined the near perfect spine.

Brown recluse spiders are small... and they are reclusive.

This was a about the size of a 50 cent piece. It was big for a recluse...

I knew it was one when I saw the dark fiddle on it's mid section.

I was surprised to see it as well and I have seen people get bit by this nasty

buggers and it's not pretty.

I was surprised to see it as well.

Huh, even with their legs extended they are typically only the size of a quarter... must be inflation.

I also recieved a HG western FC with a thick piece of cardboard in the centerfold. It ruined the near perfect spine.

I bet it would press right out.

You are right, it would have. There was a 1/4 inch gap between the two centerfold pages. (near the spine) I had not even heard of pressing in 2002.

I bet it would press right out.

You are right, it would have. There was a 1/4 inch gap between the two centerfold pages. (near the spine) I had not even heard of pressing in 2002.

Damn learning curve.

What brought this about is that I got a free comic today in a bizarre happening...

I was at my LCS and a new girl running the place screamed when she moved a small box

and a huge Brown Recluse came crawling out. I grabbed the closest thing to me...

Anyway for saving this damsel from this pest I got my weekly book free of charge.

I know the owner and I will pay him for it anyway, but odd enough to be able to use a

My wife uses them as weapons all the time. :insane:

I was surprised to see it as well.

Huh, even with their legs extended they are typically only the size of a quarter... must be inflation.

lol

My wife uses them as weapons all the time. :insane:

Haha you must be keeping old Silver and Bronze in business!

:grin: