• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the strangest way you've ever received a comic???

66 posts in this topic

Brown recluse spiders are small... and they are reclusive.

This was a about the size of a 50 cent piece. It was big for a recluse...

I knew it was one when I saw the dark fiddle on it's mid section.

I was surprised to see it as well.

Huh, even with their legs extended they are typically only the size of a quarter... must be inflation.

lol

Being an Exterminator I might know a thing or three about this,what you probably came across was a Wolf Spider and not a Recluse.Recluse spiders hide in dark dank garages in hot temperatures such as Nevada,Arizona etc.and are actually the size of a dime.

well it is possible, I think I read an internet article that the recluse was one of the most

misidentified spiders...

But man I tell ya it did have that symbol on the top. I actually looked at it for a minute

just to make sure I wasn't seeing anything.

The girl at the counter was like "what the hell are you waiting for kill it!!!!!"

:insane:

2006-fall-nwexplorer-1-brownrecluse.jpg

On a side note, you've not lived until you've had one of these crawl from behind your computer monitor.

It will make you mess yourself. :eek:

HouseCentipede.jpg

On a side note, you've not lived until you've had one of these crawl from behind your computer monitor.

HouseCentipede.jpg

wtf is that

It's called a "house centipede."

After I beat it completely through the sheetrock with a shoe, I did a google image search on "creepy bug" or something similar, and there it was.

The only bug I've ever seen in my apartment and it was a doosy. It was like 5" long. :eek:

I won an Action Comics Archives on eBay. The guy put it in a manila envelope... no bubble wrap, cardboard, etc.. It arrived with four, horribly-blunted corners. He told me that I should have purchased insurance.

or...

My mom used to fold comics in half and put them in my Easter basket. Yeesh.

This thread makes me want to... :slapfight: some of these people who ship comics. I have received a few in the manilla envelope just a bag and backing board... it's like really.... just really!!??!?!

HouseCentipede.jpg

wtf is that

It's called a "house centipede."

After I beat it completely through the sheetrock with a shoe, I did a google image search on "creepy bug" or something similar, and there it was.

The only bug I've ever seen in my apartment and it was a doosy. It was like 5" long. :eek:

We had those at my old apartment. We called them frillies. Enough to make you jump out of your skin when one skitters across a dark floor when you're watching tv at night in the dark! :eek:

You guys are lucky. In Japan, in summer, when it's crazy humid, we have insect like this but like 10 inch long :headbang:

Not even talking about the flying giant cockroach

Come to Florida...our roaches drink insecticide like its protein shake.

I bought a $40 or so raw book once (from eBay of course), and it arrived with two sheets of A4 paper wrapped round it and sellotaped together. It was mangled to buggery and I had to fight tooth and nail to get a refund as 'it wasn't in that condition when they sent it'.

You guys are lucky. In Japan, in summer, when it's crazy humid, we have insect like this but like 10 inch long :headbang:

Is that when you call in Mothra to take care of it?

What's the strangest way you've ever received a comic???

hm

Woke up in a skuzzy room with a hangover and the memory of sweet, sweet connie on my mind. She left me cab fare and a copy of Iron Man 22 on the nightstand.

:insane:

What about those giant f-ing orange hornets that kill people????? They are the size of Andre the Giant's pinkie!!