• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RUBINSTEIN Commission !!! 2 days before the end of my ultimatum

115 posts in this topic

so, you mean that even after all of this, you STILL do not have your commission?

I definitly do not have my commission and I don't get any updates as well ........

Like I said I'm done with it and won't even ask once more but I'm totally open to react on the thread ... (:

The Netzer/Rubinstein piece is amazing! Imho, the art is much better than the one you can find in mostly of MArvel titles. If only these guys could be reliable...

How is Mike Netzer's name getting dragged into this?

I dealt with Mike on a commission recently and he was 100% on time, professional, and honest.

I refered to them as a team, but I didn't mean to say anything bad about Mike. Sorry about the confussion...

And about Joe, it looks like he's trying his best to reduce his waiting list in spite of Romain still has not received his comission.

Let's take a poll !!!

I bet I'll NEVER get it ...!!! :sumo:

( let's face it Chris ! 3 months already, no email and still new commission work dropping in fellow collectors' CAF... )

Now that I accepted Joe's excuses I feel trapped like the spanish collector dealing with the Aussie and I am not reviving the thread on purpose but only to answer to my UK friend who posted earlier...

Let's call that a bad mood post !

:devil:

In the for what it's worth column, I did get all of my pieces from Joe:

A little longer than desired perhaps, but delivered and of excellent quality. I'm happy.

Nice stuff, but the LSH piece is spectacular and obviously was a very big job. Congrats on some beautiful pieces.

On the other hand, I'm coming up on 365 days waiting for Bill Sienkiewicz...which will be 335 more than estimated.

You'll probably never see it.... :whistle:

Sienkiewicz is another artist with very long waiting list and awful communication. In the line of Rubinstein, or worse...

But does he actually not come through?

After almost 15 months of emails back and forth (more forth from me than back from Sienkiewicz), I got word yesterday that he'd just about finished my Flash vs. Mirror Master, that he'd done more than a sketch (to compensate for the delay I suppose), but that shipping would have to wait until he returns from Motor City.

Strangely, I'm not feeling horribly impatient. I'm getting the thing for myself with no plans ever to sell it. So if it's going to be mine for 50 years or whatever, who cares if I have to wait another couple weeks few to get it?

There's a big difference between slacking off and just having no intention to come through. So far Bill seems to be the former, so taking him at his word, I'm pretty psyched!

...and almost 5 months later, tons of back & forth, promises of being just about done, etc. etc.etc., I found this in my email this morning. Still don't actually have the thing in hand, but at least I know it exists.

FLASH-vs-MM-receation-copy.jpg

All I asked for was a pic of Flash vs. Mirror Master. The cover recreation was all his idea, and kind of a (happy) surprise for me. The original is The Flash 119 by Carmine Infantino:

119-1.jpg