• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 19* Results

36 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 19 Results

Thor #202 - 8/72 Marvel Comics - OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 9.6

th_Round19-thor001-1.jpg th_Round19-Thor202f.jpg th_Round19-Thor202b.jpg

Round 19 Grade Breakdowns

Round19-GradeBreakdown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 19 Results - By Place

Round19-Results2.png

Round 19 Commentary

After two difficult rounds, ROUND 19 must have seemed like a piece of cake. Holding onto sole possession of First Place is mrlatko followed closely by ckp1680, He11blazer, and Timmay in Second Place. (worship)

Despite a league-leading 13 bullseyes, canickus finds himself in fifth place with G.A.tor, inconceivable, The Resurrection, and toro. :P

Finding out that even 1-3 points is not enough when a 5-point round is King, drewincanada, etanick, and trmoore54 find themselves out of the Top Ten. Is there still enough time to make up the point difference? :eek:

NOTABLE: trmoore54 and *bronze age fan*'s run of six straight bullseyes ends at six.... but Most Improved Player Thomas Nielsen forges ahead with his FIFTH STRAIGHT BULLSEYE! Place your bets for Round 20! :applause:

CONTESTANTS TO WATCH: The Resurrection, Jeffreykli, Warlord, and Jeffro each have four straight bullseyes themselves and are working their way up the charts as we head into the final stretch! :popcorn:

87% of the Round 19 contestants got within +/- 1 grade and 46% hit the bullseye. If you didn't hit a bullseye, you probably dropped in ranking!

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is now at 35! If you are under it, you are playing for Second Place! :o

Round 20 begins the FINAL STRETCH RUN!

I was hoping that was a stain on the back cover at the top left edge and was trying for the sneaky bullseye.

I felt I was going to have to pull out a long shot to start moving up.

I gambled and lost. :sorry:

3 points for me, and I drop 5 places.

Etanick and I are now 6 points out of first place. It's such a tight race in the top 10 or 12 places, but unless I shoot bullseyes in all of the remaining rounds, I don't stand a chance. Even then, I have to count on the leaders faltering.

If I'd been even slightly smarter on my two -1 rounds, and had scored 3 points on those rounds instead, I'd be in sole possession of first place.

Of course, I could also argue that if I hadn't made ANY mistakes, I'd have a perfect score. And if I'd bought the right lottery ticket, I'd be a gazillionaire. :(