• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Pre Robins in CLINK Auction

244 posts in this topic

29 sold for $31k...

33 sold for $15k

35 did not sell, $17,000 (Reserve Not Met)

Why am I doing Gator's job? lol:insane:

fixed that for you. :headbang:

(thumbs u

Very surprised it did not sell / meet reserve. :o

bidder ran out of money after winning the 29. :)

Congrats to the winner - I just couldn't pull the trigger at 32K (the next highest bid). I was in up to 30K.

:sorry:

what's another $2k at that price level for a tough blue label Pre Robin? :grin:

That's assuming that the winning bidder's high bid was only 31K. You have to draw the line before you start bidding otherwise you wind up paying more than you're comfortable with.

And it's not the 2K, it's the 30K before it.

29 sold for $31k...

33 sold for $15k

(thumbs u

good point! lol

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

I agree 100%.

That 6200 is just jaw dropping.

I predict that the Action #13 will reappear in the not too distant future with a moderate designation and a much higher grade. Someone is going to do very well on that book.

Congrats to the winner - I just couldn't pull the trigger at 32K (the next highest bid). I was in up to 30K.

That's assuming that the winning bidder's high bid was only 31K. You have to draw the line before you start bidding otherwise you wind up paying more than you're comfortable with.

of course. I'm just messin with ya.

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

I agree 100%.

I predict that the Action #13 will reappear in the not too distant future with a moderate designation and a much higher grade. Someone is going to do very well on that book.

Do you sense it's someone flipping it? Why not just hold it at that price.

29 sold for $31k...

33 sold for $15k

(thumbs u

Maybe the bidder just wanted the 29. :whistle:

29 sold for $31k...

33 sold for $15k

(thumbs u

I would have bought the 35 it's just that something else is on the horizon

Do you ever get the idea that this comic market it becoming unhealthy. It seems like it is top heavy. It reminds me of the nifty fifty in 1973. Those stocks were so much better than every other stock why would someone want to own anything else. I don't expect the nifty fifty of comics to crash like stocks but when does it stop and other issues catch up.

29 sold for $31k...

33 sold for $15k

(thumbs u

I would have bought the 35 it's just that something else is on the horizon

That 35 would look great with your other pre-robbins, I bet it will be up for sale again.

Do you ever get the idea that this comic market it becoming unhealthy. It seems like it is top heavy. It reminds me of the nifty fifty in 1973. Those stocks were so much better than every other stock why would someone want to own anything else. I don't expect the nifty fifty of comics to crash like stocks but when does it stop and other issues catch up.

These "top heavy weight" as you say are much scarcer compare to SA. It's really hard to say when prices will stay stagnate and for other books to rise (very books are rising these days). On the positive side, these blue label poor man's Action and poor man's Tec's will be great investment in the long haul. What I find silly is an Avengers 4 in 9.6 (seven around) sold for over $91K which is 1.5 times more than the last sale in the same month.

of course. I'm just messin with ya.

Yes, I understood that. It sucks to miss out on such a great book but I don't regret not waking up this morning 32K in the hole. There will be another 29 in my future. I missed out on several 31s before I got mine - timing is everything. And hey, maybe someone will sell me a 5.0 direct for the net of 28K :P

These "toy heavy weight" as you say are much scarcer compare to SA. It's really hard to say when prices will stay stagnate and for other books to rise (very books are rising these days). On the positive side, these blue label poor man's Action and poor man's Tec's will be great investment in the long haul. What I find silly is an Avengers 4 in 9.6 (seven around) sold for over $91K which is 1.5 times more than the last sale in the same month.

Yeah, just don't criticize the sale publically, or dare suggest that it looks like an unattractive 9.6. :gossip:

These "toy heavy weight" as you say are much scarcer compare to SA. It's really hard to say when prices will stay stagnate and for other books to rise (very books are rising these days). On the positive side, these blue label poor man's Action and poor man's Tec's will be great investment in the long haul. What I find silly is an Avengers 4 in 9.6 (seven around) sold for over $91K which is 1.5 times more than the last sale in the same month.

Yeah, just don't criticize the sale publically, or dare suggest that it looks like an unattractive 9.6. :gossip:

Not at all. It amazes me with that type of money one can purchase many cool books that will perform just as well in the long term. Owning a top copy, and if you don't care, why not pay up.

I agree 100%.

Do you sense it's someone flipping it? Why not just hold it at that price.

I wasn't commenting on the winning bidder, but on the book itself. I was the seller, and chose to keep the resto slight by not having Matt/Kenny add pieces or apply color touch to the back cover. I thought the slight designation would be very attractive to bidders. But, I see now that I should have had them do the added resto. It probably would have come back as moderately restored and graded much higher. The new owner may do just that, and make a tidy profit.

I kinda wonder if Rick was the high bidder. As the owner of the only other copy currently on the market, it would have been a smart move for him to go after the book, especially at a bargain price.

BTW, I didn't decline the $8900 bid when the book was in the regular listings on CL. I got the email that I'd received a bid, followed the link, but the offer had mysteriously already been declined.

Its the disease of the Bat spreading like wildfire (shrug)

These "top heavy weight" as you say are much scarcer compare to SA. It's really hard to say when prices will stay stagnate and for other books to rise (very books are rising these days). On the positive side, these blue label poor man's Action and poor man's Tec's will be great investment in the long haul. What I find silly is an Avengers 4 in 9.6 (seven around) sold for over $91K which is 1.5 times more than the last sale in the same month.

I'd rather have the rich mans tec than an avengers #4 cgc 9.6