• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw Ironman 2 and I have to say, didn't think it was too good

75 posts in this topic

I disliked Iron Man 2, huge disappointment. I couldn't stand the "hollywood" scenes:

- drunk Tony wearing the Iron Man suit with the mask up at a party doing the "wakka-wakka" DJ bit. LAME

- Making the new element in his basement, and torquing this big pipe thing destroying the walls. LAME

- Iron Man and his buddy another Iron Man fight all these automated Iron men. I am pretty sure the first movie had Iron Man against another Iron Man. A new plot please.

- over done action sequences and explosions and blasts and flying at mach speed through obstacles. Blah Blah blah. I don't care about special effects, I want a good story.

I give it 3 out of 10, and no I wont ever buy it.

watch... "The Wrestler" :gossip:

I won't say I hated The Wrestler because I got to see Marisa Tomei's tits.

...but yeah. Other than that, I abhor The Wrestler. I rank it in the top 10 worst movies I've ever seen.

...but yeah. Other than that, I abhor The Wrestler. I rank it in the top 10 worst movies I've ever seen.

Yes, yes it was. It's incredibly flat throughout. I don't see how 2 hours of suffering makes a great story. But a lot of people apparently enjoyed it, so... :whatev:

How did you like American Beauty? ( That's on my top 10 worst )

I thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, but still really good in my opinion.
(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

It was cool.

On a scale of 1–10 I'd give it about a 7.

It was worth seeing, but even though I own it on Blu-Ray I am tempted to FF through parts.

Black widow made this movie 4 me.

:cloud9:

Micky Roarke in the The Pope of Greenwich Village was awesome but in IM2 he was a has been

No matter how much Scarlett Johansson popped your middle-age cherry she didn't do it for me. I was a little disappointed but Disney's buyout of of my Marvel shares more than made up for it

Let me guess, Transformers is your favorite movie of all time and you think Jessica Alba is an excellent actress.

Let me guess, Transformers is your favorite movie of all time and you think Jessica Alba is an excellent actress.

lol

I thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, but still really good in my opinion.
(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Terrance Howard isn't in it. One of the real casting mistakes in recent years was replacing him with Don Cheadle as Rhodes.

:o

Howard was lame as Jim Rhoads. He was flat, mellow and lacked any emotion. Cheadle is a much better actor who showed more of the dynamics of his relationship with Tony (like the comics).

The IM movies aren't perfect but they sure are better than anything DC has put out besides the more recent Batman movies.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Terrance Howard isn't in it. One of the real casting mistakes in recent years was replacing him with Don Cheadle as Rhodes.

:o

Howard was lame as Jim Rhoads. He was flat, mellow and lacked any emotion. Cheadle is a much better actor who showed more of the dynamics of his relationship with Tony (like the comics).

The IM movies aren't perfect but they sure are better thank anything DC has put out besides the more recent Batman movies.

I couldn't agree more. Terrence Howard is always being the cool guy. Cheadle rocks!

Har har har. That was hilarious, you stool.

I disliked Iron Man 2, huge disappointment. I couldn't stand the "hollywood" scenes:

- drunk Tony wearing the Iron Man suit with the mask up at a party doing the "wakka-wakka" DJ bit. LAME

- Making the new element in his basement, and torquing this big pipe thing destroying the walls. LAME

- Iron Man and his buddy another Iron Man fight all these automated Iron men. I am pretty sure the first movie had Iron Man against another Iron Man. A new plot please.

- over done action sequences and explosions and blasts and flying at mach speed through obstacles. Blah Blah blah. I don't care about special effects, I want a good story.

I give it 3 out of 10, and no I wont ever buy it.

I have to agree. It just seemd to lack the magic of the first one. And enough with the robots/drones. Where is the Mandarin when you need him. And I thought the drunken party scene was more awkward than interesting.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

It was cool.

On a scale of 1–10 I'd give it about a 7.

It was worth seeing, but even though I own it on Blu-Ray I am tempted to FF through parts.

Black widow made this movie 4 me.

:cloud9:

Micky Roarke in the The Pope of Greenwich Village was awesome but in IM2 he was a has been

No matter how much Scarlett Johansson popped your middle-age cherry she didn't do it for me. I was a little disappointed but Disney's buyout of of my Marvel shares more than made up for it

I thought she played the widow part very well.

So you can check your "middle-age cherry" slop at the door!

:eyeroll: