• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie 1 Question

19 posts in this topic

What would a low grade, cover detached, rough, but clearly presentable, cr/ow pages Archie 1 be valued at? Say a 1.0 or 1 .5 (but with decent eye appeal)?

I'm just curious. No scan at the moment, but hopefully the new owner will show up with one.

BK, in my opinion (based on previous sales as well as being the owner of one) up to 3 times current guide seems to be about the norm for Archie #1.

Guys,

Here it is. Covers , along with first page detached but complete. Obviously not a book I handle everyday so I appreciate the feedback in trying to determine FMV. Also considering whether this is a good restoration candidate.

THX

Greg

archie110front.jpg

archie110back.jpg

Those pages look extemely brittle. I'd steer clear of the book. But that's just me

I agree.

That book looks to be a 1.0 no higher, but with the brittle PQ I'd be surprised but understand if it got a .5

I've got and have seen a few books like this hit a 0.5 :ohnoez:

I would say 1200-1500 would be a sensible price for BOTH parties. 2chm:ohnoez:

Even if it's very brittle I would be surprised if it went for under $2K.

+1. It's still an Archie #1 and there's upward pressure on that book right now. People might look at something like this and think "this could be my last shot." they're not getting any cheaper.

+1. It's still an Archie #1 and there's upward pressure on that book right now. People might look at something like this and think "this could be my last shot." they're not getting any cheaper.

FYI, having seen the book in hand, I can tell you the pages are not brittle.

What did all the damage?

:o They sure do a believable impression of brittle in the scan.

But, you've held it, so I defer

Speaking of Archie #1, a copy just sold on ebay a short while ago as a $1,200 BIN.

Archie 1

Did anyone here snag it?

I had just pulled up a search, saw it listed, looked at the seller's other items and then it was sold before I went back to it.

Speaking of Archie #1, a copy just sold on ebay a short while ago as a $1,200 BIN.

Archie 1

Did anyone here snag it?

I had just pulled up a search, saw it listed, looked at the seller's other items and then it was sold before I went back to it.

Sounds like a case of "Okay, honey I just now put that archie magazine on ebay. Checked that price guide thing and it said 1800 in good condition, so I set a buy now of 1200, figuring maybe somebody'll pay 600 and... what the hell, it's gone."