• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My opinion of Dizneyart is plummeting..........

77 posts in this topic

HE WON'T BE ABLE TO "MOVE" THIS ANYWAYS, ONCE THE BUYER FIGURES OUT IT'S THE REPRINT.

Maybe, although the buyer appears to be more sophisticated than a newbie.

But Mark has definitely used eBay to move some other books successfully (FF 4 most notably recently, plus a FF Annual 1 on ebay right now)

...SO YOU DON'T THINK THIS IS PRIMARILY USED AS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR PGC HUH? CHECK THE LISTING AGAIN. IT'S A SHREWD SELF PROMOTION FOR ANYONE (NEWBIE OR VETERAN) WHO SEARCHES "SPIDERMAN #1 NM" ON EBAY. YES- IT ALSO SOLVES THE MOVEMENT OF SURPLUS TOO...TWO BIRDS- ONE STONE.

Clark, are you angry? Why are you "shouting" at us with the all caps? confused.gif

OK, Victim Lovers--all are to blame.

Mark should have had a clearer auction--maybe a 72 pt bold message saying GOLDEN RECORD REPRINT.

Bidders should read and ask questions before bidding. I've made mistakes such as this. Live n Learn.

And I am to blame...to contributing to this silly post. Must be a slow day.

Do you want to bet me that this book is not sold for $1,475 ? 893blahblah.gif

Its ridiculous that this glorified Marvel Milestone Edition was listed the way that it was.........

It is also on the precipice of market manipulation. It seems to be an attempt to establish a false value, since the lead bidder, who is apparently comic book savvy, is responding to emails that he was not aware this was a reprint.... 893whatthe.gif

I am confused here If I could not afford a AF15 9.4 original which we all agree is worth 50-65K then what is wrong with owning a 9.4 reprint for 1.5K . If someone thinks they are getting a 50K book for 1.5K, if that is truly whats going on here, then shame on them, not Mark Wilson 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

OK, Victim Lovers--all are to blame.

Mark should have had a clearer auction--maybe a 72 pt bold message saying GOLDEN RECORD REPRINT.

Bidders should read and ask questions before bidding. I've made mistakes such as this. Live n Learn.

And I am to blame...to contributing to this silly post. Must be a slow day.

Well put, I agree, I should have left it alone since it's obvious that all of this comes down to differences of opinion, not right or wrong. makepoint.gif

It is also on the precipice of market manipulation. It seems to be an attempt to establish a false value, since the lead bidder, who is apparently comic book savvy, is responding to emails that he was not aware this was a reprint.... 893whatthe.gif

Who told you he was responding in email he was not aware it was a reprint?

What about the part where he says that the book's value is between $500 and $700 for chrissakes???????? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Shh... you're supposed to ignore that so that the board can have its new "Villain of the Day!"

If he can't read the description that says the book's value is $500 to $700, then he deserves to lose his $30,000. But the price on this book is nowhere near an outrageous level yet. If anyone really thought it was an original, the bid would already be well north of $30,000.

How do you know what the current lead bidder's top bid was ? If he dropped in a $30,000 bid, all it takes is one or two goofs (shills) to bump the price up. confused.gif

What about the part where he says that the book's value is between $500 and $700 for chrissakes???????? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Shh... you're supposed to ignore that so that the board can have its new "Villain of the Day!"

Get him! lynchstill.gif - "Anyone need a 9.2 Showcase 4?"

Mark Wilson ,I think clearly stated about the book!!! Maybe he should have put Golden Record Reprint,that might help in the description,but he didn't. I think though , he still explained enough about the comic,a buyer should still take the time to read the description before he bids ,that's on them IMO!!! As I always say in buying anything off of someone you don't know: Caveat Emptor!!! BTW Mark Wilson is reputable,He's been in the biz for years!!!

The way I see it is that this book was issued somewhere around the time Spiderman 33 to 36 came out. What do those issues usually command in CGC 9.4?

A #33 being a common issue in 9.4 (by census comparison to existing 9.4 and better issues) usually fetches about $600 in that grade, but the going rate on #34 through #36 in CGC 9.4 is alot closer to the $1000 range on the average. By figuring that this issue came out around the time of other Spiderman title run issues that routinely bring $1000 for NM copies, $1500 is not that much of a stretch of the imagination for the GRR #1. I can easily see someone thinking that by when issued it must be worth at least the value of a #34, 35, or 36 in CGC NM and add a prmium because it is a #1 and of Spiderman 1, an issue that in NM is unaffordable to at least 95% of us.

Also, if you have #2 to wherever your collection ends in nice shape, and can't consider spending $15,000 and up for the #1, I imagine that this would make a nice, economical space filler for the time being.

That sounds reasonable,but if I'm going to spend that kind'a money I'll take a low grade copy"complete" over a reprint any day!!! Myself I already own a Spidey # 1 with severe Marvel chipping ,but complete,still looks decent though ,bought off of a local dealer back in the 80's, you won't believe this , for 60 dollars!!! Those days are truly gone!!!! He asked me years later if I wanted to sell it back to him, he said do you know how much that is worth??? I said, sorry I'm holding onto it,I'm glad I did with todays prices!!!!

Congrats on misleading the guy as to the book's "value." (Another 9.4 copy recently sold for $610 without the record, or twice what you told him the value was.) Congrats to his parents for birthing one of the stupidest human beings alive. Congrats all around!!!! acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Are you aware this copy of spiderman #1 is a reprint valued at @ $300 without the golden record?

Nope, I wasn't. If true I will withdraw my bid

Thanks for the heads up.

Neil