• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby Collection on Antiques Roadshow

12 posts in this topic

This was posted in General, but for those of you who don't venture there, tonight's Antiques Roadshow on PBS features some Kirby art. Linky.

Nice group of pieces, appraised at $15k for insurance purposes. I think a cash sale price might be in excess of that number. The Boy Commandos page carries a lot of cache.

Boy, did she look gutted when he said $15K. I'm sure she was hoping he would say more.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe she identified herself as Kirby's granddaughter.

Surely Kirby's grandchildren would not need to go on Antiques Roadshow to get the pieces appraised ?

Boy, did she look gutted when he said $15K. I'm sure she was hoping he would say more.

Seems a little low..........don't you think?

:insane:

Word on the street from some very informed Kirby historians is that the 2 page spread was a lightbox ink job from the late 70's or early 80's. According to them it is not Jack's original pencils.

As such it's, obviously, worth a fraction of what it would be with Kirby's original pencils.

Surely Kirby's grandchildren would not need to go on Antiques Roadshow to get the pieces appraised ?

True. But it was probably the easiest way to get on TV.

Hey, why not?

If guys who own their own auction houses and vintage movie poster businesses can go on other auction "reality" TV shows to get their movie posters appraised without any real need to so then I don't begrudge the Kirby family for getting an appraisal, especially when they own neither an OA business nor auction house. lol

Hey, why not?

If guys who own their own auction houses and vintage movie poster businesses can go on other auction "reality" TV shows to get their movie posters appraised without any real need to so then I don't begrudge the Kirby family for getting an appraisal, especially when they own neither an OA business nor auction house. lol

:insane: totally.

Those Hollywood Treasure scripts are so full of fake "surprise" it isn't even funny. Like Fishler needs someone to tell him what his frankenstein six sheet might be worth lol

Hey, why not?

Plus a nice bit of publicity for what will undoubtedly come next--an announcement of a consignment for sale.