• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 22* Results

36 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 22 Results

Adventure Comics #381 - 6/69 D.C. Comics CREAM TO OFF-WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 8.0

th_Round22-38120001.jpg th_Round22-adventure381f.jpg th_Round22-adventure381b.jpg

Round 22 Grade Breakdowns

Round22-GradeBreakDown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 22 Results - By Place

Round22-Results.png

I figured that this book was structurally very similar to the last one, which was a 9.0. I didn't think CGC would downgrade it because of the production creases, but I figured they'd deduct a couple grades for the sun shadow, especially since it was on all four edges on the back. Hence my 8.0.

I figured that this book was structurally very similar to the last one, which was a 9.0. I didn't think CGC would downgrade it because of the production creases,
Makes sense. I got this part right...

but I figured they'd deduct a couple grades for the sun shadow, especially since it was on all four edges on the back. Hence my 8.0.
... but not this part. :tonofbricks:

But on the bright side, at least I managed to overgrade a book! (:

I figured that this book was structurally very similar to the last one, which was a 9.0. I didn't think CGC would downgrade it because of the production creases,
Makes sense. I got this part right...

but I figured they'd deduct a couple grades for the sun shadow, especially since it was on all four edges on the back. Hence my 8.0.
... but not this part. :tonofbricks:

But on the bright side, at least I managed to overgrade a book! (:

Well, that's the last time I buy from you then. :baiting: