• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage sig auction...

17 posts in this topic

Was tracking a few books and could not believe what I was looking at...

Superman #199 cgc 9.0 @ $891!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASM #102 cgc 9.6 @ $2875!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makepoint.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gif

And the coinees enter the fray... 893frustrated.gif

The funny thing was, this morning it was showing No Reserve by all the books. Then this afternoon it was back to Reserve (if any) not posted.

I was hoping that there were No Reserves and they were going to let the chips fall where they may.

devil.gif

The funny thing was, this morning it was showing No Reserve by all the books. Then this afternoon it was back to Reserve (if any) not posted.

I was hoping that there were No Reserves and they were going to let the chips fall where they may.

devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

SA Cgc'd prices seems crazy. Quite early for the Heritage "bump" also. juggle.gif

Looks like the bump just happened, all the listings are now showing "next bid meets reserve" or "reserve met". That is better transparency than their old system, so it looks like they've taken one of the most persistent criticisms of their process to heart. I'm sure people here will find something else to kvetch about, though. crazy.gif

Flash 105, CGC 9.2, current bid at $19,000 and reserve still not met! Some seller is definitely shooting for the stars! insane.gif

Ah nuts. The two books I really wanted have insane reserves..

Superman Comic

8x Guide?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ahwell!

Does anyone know how to find out whats going to happen to a comic that goes unsold in the auction? There's one book I'm looking at where if the price came down just a little bit I'd be interested.. but I think the reserve is high enough that it will end without being met. Is there a way to find out whether or not the book will be listed as a post auction bargain at a lower price if the reserve isn't met? Or would I just have to not bid and then hope it gets offered when the auction is over?

I think you have to wait to see the post-auction listings of unsold books. I believe those listings will indicate if there's a firm buy price, or if there is a "make an offer" option.

for my two cents the original art prices are already well above their last few auctions on similiar pieces some much much so Oh well no bargains this time heck probably no decent deals I'm still top gun on some low to mid grade Golden Age but I expect to be outbid on them during the floor bidding

Yeah...And the Superman #30 has sat on his site for 2 years at $12,500...Now he lists it with a reserve of $17,500???? I don't get it...Maybe he just doesn't really want to sell!

Sigh, such is the walking paradox that is Mr. RR.

Usually the bump puts most of the books that I want, past my buy point. This time, the bump didn't do that. It did put most of the books that I wanted, right at my buy point, which means I won't get any bargains, but I got a shot to get some nice books.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Happy hunting.