• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

104 posts in this topic

I am not ashamed of my comments. I don't usually bash it is not my style. I just don't completely understand Mr. Mackessy's business model.

Post sketch oppurtunities for every unknown artist a few days apart. No progress reports on the previous opps or if they are successful. Then go on and post more opps.

I am not bashing the artist. I am trying to understand Mr. Mackessy's tatics.

One project should be almost complete before the next one is offered is all I am saying.

Maybe he should slow down is all.

This does make more sense to me :) I had yet to see you bash anyone. Is there a possibility of being swindled? hm

I am not ashamed of my comments. I don't usually bash it is not my style. I just don't completely understand Mr. Mackessy's business model.

Post sketch oppurtunities for every unknown artist a few days apart. No progress reports on the previous opps or if they are successful. Then go on and post more opps.

One project should be almost complete before the next one is offered is all I am saying.

+1 I agree with Kris.

In my opinion this guy has just joined the boards in January. Why not complete an op successfully and start earning some street cred (reputation) in the sig room before making so many sketch ops.

But ya know what variety is nice and let's remember this is CGC's boards and if they APPROVE these SKETCH OPS then they are later on RESPONSIBLE for them if the guy just up and runs away. Me I was a CGC witness when I was offering my ops. Is this guy a facilitator? who is this person? That is why I am sitting back and waiting to see some finished ops and a reputation to be built.

Best of luck with everything Menace, you might as well change the thread title of this thread and start a new one to help you keep track of the :takeit: and flame war posts.

Please Note- I did not post a takeit for this sketch op. But best of luck.

-Sean

Well, that is an interesting position, because that is not AT ALL what you said before. This, as opposed to your previous post, is a legitimate concern, although still probably better handled via PM with either the OP or CGC or both.

I would just like to say that I bought two of Jake's first offering's the Sunless Circus and Novo I enjoyed both and received them pretty much next day, as Idaho isn't too far from Cali. Just though I'd give some Jake some props as people seem to ? integrity around here. Which is strange considering what happened with Rob Zombie a few years ago. Yes I have been checking the boards out that long just finally broke down and paid Apple for an e-mail account.

Well there is a reference for jake. That is good it shows he is credible. More good references and a finished sketch opp and Mr. Mackessy is on his way to being a superstar. I wish him luck and hope he heeds my warning of slowing down just a little.

Could you please explain your Rob Zombie comment?

Sorry not trying to stir things but it just seemed more you were attacking his integrity and the program all together. When I first read about how people got Rob's sig I felt it hurt the integrity of the SS program (I know others did as well). So I felt it odd that comments would be made in that manner after CGC has taken steps to insure that things are being done the way they should. Obviously Jake had or could he post these opps?

Me I was a CGC witness when I was offering my ops.

-Sean

Has one of the opps gone on so long that it was started as a facilitator, and then the rules changed?

???

lol usually your posts make sense and are smart and witty.

this one not so much. lol

I have one open sketch op FYI- It was started as a CGC SS Facilitator, it is almost 1 year old now and I am diligently keeping my clients updated and as far as I know happy. :sumo:

Sorry not trying to stir things but it just seemed more you were attacking his integrity and the program all together. When I first read about how people got Rob's sig I felt it hurt the integrity of the SS program (I know others did as well). So I felt it odd that comments would be made in that manner after CGC has taken steps to insure that things are being done the way they should. Obviously Jake had or could he post these opps?

Does anyone from CGC actually monitor this section to see if pops being offered have been approved? (shrug)

Me I was a CGC witness when I was offering my ops.

-Sean

Has one of the opps gone on so long that it was started as a facilitator, and then the rules changed?

???

lol usually your posts make sense and are smart and witty.

this one not so much. lol

I have one open sketch op FYI- It was started as a CGC SS Facilitator, it is almost 1 year old now and I am diligently keeping my clients updated and as far as I know happy. :sumo:

I think you understood it. (thumbs u

Hey all, valid concerns, I have a feedback thread and several successful sales threads. I do realize I have jumped at an amazing opportunity here but this is where it lead when building my ideas. I have been trying to raise the number of posts in my feedback thread as well, it is up to the buyers however to post there.

I would respond by saying with so many successful sales and not a single complaint I would hope I can continue to build my reputation here.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Pierson about these sketch opp's and everything is legit there.

Another concern, I have previously started a single sketch opp for Matt Haley, which was responded to very kindly by the members of the community. Unfortunately I was a bit hasty that is true and did not have my ducks in a row at CGC. This is not the case now everything is in order, so i cancelled conditional 'takeits' on that thread and started this one because I thought it was unfair with the amount of time that had passed since I started it.

So I have only untill this point offered 2 sketch opps. Everything else sold untill this point has been signed / sketched raw. I am offering multiple opp's because I want to bring up the volume of books that I am sending to CGC in order to justify them working with me.

There are a lot of points I am yet to understand, but I hope you all help me get to the places some others have achieved on this forum. Thanks for reading.

Jake Mackessy

I was not attacking the integrity of the SS program I never have and I never will. I fell it is the greatest service that CGC offers.

As for The people who got Rob Zombie damaging the integrity of the SS program. I was the person who got rob both times. Once at SDCC during a signing and once after a concert in vegas. I did not do anything wrong. I also did not damage the integrity of the prgram. Oh and the 4 people who have Rob Zombie Signature Series books surely don't think it damaged the integrity of the Program. They are glad somebody was willing to help them get a Rob Zombie signature series book.

First off Kris I didn't say you WERE trying too I said when I first read the post about the story and I FELT like that. But I didn't jump to a conclusion. I know you were a former witness and have done many great signings. I continue to use the SS program and send in many books throughout convention season.

I just thought what could have been done was give Jake some advice on how too handle things not public but through PM. Instead of putting him down and the artists. As I'm sure there are secrets that many former witnesses could show some newbies.

That's all I was trying to give an outside point of view as like I used to be people read things on these boards and can take things the wrong way. Sorry for anything that seemed inappropriate to you as I wasn't trying to bash anybody or take sides.

Best,

Kyle

Since Kris doesn't like me anymore this is the PM I sent to him

Plus If you offer an opportunity perhaps the artist body of work should be listed. While I may not know some artist by name I might know them by their work. The same goes for everybody.

Put this up this morning, it has been a while since he has done published work and some of the stuff is off beat but it is up on page 2 i think.

Yep

I only wish to make talented artists available. Jonny has been dealing with personal tragedy, which cause him to leave the comic industry. His work was never considered mainstream, here is his work bio.

Motive Gaming Magazine Oct. 89' Halloween issue. Jan 89' "Fishy Bit’s Cthulhu Pic"

Web Games: Web of Stars interior B&W art 92' Web’s basic system

Marvel Comics Macey’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Costume design, Oct 93'

Orbital Comics: Penciler for Stars & Strypes (action, progressive super heroing) &

Hell T.R.Y.B.e. (Dark Hero)

Pin-ups for Warhawk and Crux sketchbook. All through 94'

White Wolf Games Werewolf the Apocalypse LARP rules B&W by Tad McDivett 95'

RAMPANT MANTICORE STUDIO’s Founded Aug 96'

"DARKWORKS" graphic novel 97'

Lead artist for: STORY ART GAMES 2003-2004 : On both their lines: Starship Empires 1936 & The Realm Of Shards as well as StoryArt Comics lead title "Reaver"

Ray-Gun Monkey Studios founded in FEB 2010

Creator Penciler/Inker for "The New Spartans" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for "Death-Knell" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for Severed for What the Flux Comics

Ok, this is pretty cool! I always remember seeing many of the Mark Kidwell sketches (as well as most of the Andrew Magnum sketches) and thinking to myself: "Wow... that kind of reminds me of the Werewolf: The Apocalypse RPG I used to play in middle school and high school" Sure enough, I saw those initial sketches (before seeing the credentials) and it turns out this is the actual artist--very cool!

And Jim--that's a terrible Spidey-Mysterio sketch. Just awful looking. You should do something about that, like, donate to some poor low grade collector. Shoot! I have some awful looking books that would keep it company ;):devil:

(Really gorgeous book--reminds me of ASM 314 (the one with Mysterio and Spidey reflected in the globe).