• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

104 posts in this topic

I just don't completely understand Mr. Mackessy's business model.

Maybe he could use your model. Take money up front, get the work done right away, send the books in, get the grades in three months and then wait another four months to get the books back while making up excuses for not shipping.

Ok, this is pretty cool! I always remember seeing many of the Mark Kidwell sketches (as well as most of the Andrew Magnum sketches) and thinking to myself: "Wow... that kind of reminds me of the Werewolf: The Apocalypse RPG I used to play in middle school and high school" Sure enough, I saw those initial sketches (before seeing the credentials) and it turns out this is the actual artist--very cool!

And Jim--that's a terrible Spidey-Mysterio sketch. Just awful looking. You should do something about that, like, donate to some poor low grade collector. Shoot! I have some awful looking books that would keep it company ;):devil:

(Really gorgeous book--reminds me of ASM 314 (the one with Mysterio and Spidey reflected in the globe).

Awesome back story! Jonny is a cool guy with a lot of talent. I am glad you like the art.

Also, off topic a bit but ill announce since it has been agreed to by Jonny today, he will be sending me a file of original art, some of which has been published in his career in the above projects. I will be scanning it when I have it in hand and will be selling the pieces for very affordable prices. Like 50 bucks for the art you see on page one.

Also, off topic a bit but ill announce since it has been agreed to by Jonny today, he will be sending me a file of original art, some of which has been published in his career in the above projects. I will be scanning it when I have it in hand and will be selling the pieces for very affordable prices. Like 50 bucks for the art you see on page one.

Um... sounds *perfectly* on topic to me :grin:

I just don't completely understand Mr. Mackessy's business model.

Maybe he could use your model. Take money up front, get the work done right away, send the books in, get the grades in three months and then wait another four months to get the books back while making up excuses for not shipping.

Oh snap!

:popcorn:

Me personally I wouldn't do a opp like this with a board member who has only been around for a little over a month. I think it takes at least 5 months to get use to the board..but of course i have always been a little slow. meh Nothing personal just my own view point and I don't think you can compare sales thread kudos with sketch opps. From what I have seen in the last year is they are a whole separate beast.

But of course this is all my 2c

Me personally I wouldn't do a opp like this with a board member who has only been around for a little over a month. I think it takes at least 5 months to get use to the board..but of course i have always been a little slow. meh Nothing personal just my own view point and I don't think you can compare sales thread kudos with sketch opps. From what I have seen in the last year is they are a whole separate beast.

I completely understand, I hope you change your mind after I do me very best to satisfy my customers on this go.

I completely understand, I hope you change your mind after I do me very best to satisfy my customers on this go.

Once I see one successful cgc ss opp..I will start giving you my pay check (thumbs u

And this artist is a true talent good luck

Once I see one successful cgc ss opp..I will start giving you my pay check (thumbs u

And this artist is a true talent good luck

Yay! I will be telling my banker to expect more money to roll in!

But truly at a minimum I will have many customers with SS Red Angels a few days after MEGACON.

The first round of books will be shipped out from Jonny at the latest March 15th to CGC so however long it takes for CGC to return the books people will have sketch covers in thier hands.

First off Kris I didn't say you WERE trying too I said when I first read the post about the story and I FELT like that. But I didn't jump to a conclusion. I know you were a former witness and have done many great signings. I continue to use the SS program and send in many books throughout convention season.

I just thought what could have been done was give Jake some advice on how too handle things not public but through PM. Instead of putting him down and the artists. As I'm sure there are secrets that many former witnesses could show some newbies.

That's all I was trying to give an outside point of view as like I used to be people read things on these boards and can take things the wrong way. Sorry for anything that seemed inappropriate to you as I wasn't trying to bash anybody or take sides.

Best,

Kyle

Since Kris doesn't like me anymore this is the PM I sent to him

How can I like or dislike you Mr. Terrell to my knowledge I don't even know you.

Plus If you offer an opportunity perhaps the artist body of work should be listed. While I may not know some artist by name I might know them by their work. The same goes for everybody.

Put this up this morning, it has been a while since he has done published work and some of the stuff is off beat but it is up on page 2 i think.

Yep

I only wish to make talented artists available. Jonny has been dealing with personal tragedy, which cause him to leave the comic industry. His work was never considered mainstream, here is his work bio.

Motive Gaming Magazine Oct. 89' Halloween issue. Jan 89' "Fishy Bit’s Cthulhu Pic"

Web Games: Web of Stars interior B&W art 92' Web’s basic system

Marvel Comics Macey’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Costume design, Oct 93'

Orbital Comics: Penciler for Stars & Strypes (action, progressive super heroing) &

Hell T.R.Y.B.e. (Dark Hero)

Pin-ups for Warhawk and Crux sketchbook. All through 94'

White Wolf Games Werewolf the Apocalypse LARP rules B&W by Tad McDivett 95'

RAMPANT MANTICORE STUDIO’s Founded Aug 96'

"DARKWORKS" graphic novel 97'

Lead artist for: STORY ART GAMES 2003-2004 : On both their lines: Starship Empires 1936 & The Realm Of Shards as well as StoryArt Comics lead title "Reaver"

Ray-Gun Monkey Studios founded in FEB 2010

Creator Penciler/Inker for "The New Spartans" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for "Death-Knell" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for Severed for What the Flux Comics

Yes you did put this up this morning after I made my initial comment. Had you put this up with your first post I would not have made comment.

Collector I hope you come to trust me, I have only done good things for these boards. I am very new and I am sure this will work against me but I will do my best! If you have any advice for me or can help me with understanding the process better I would appreciate it. I would not have been able to do this without the advice of other board members and owe them a debt of gratitude. I hope you can help me as well.

Kudos to Menace for maintaining his composure. It's shocking to me that people are voluntarily clicking on this thread with the sole purpose to mess on it.

Don't post here if you are unhappy with the op's business model. It's ridiculous. The members are big boys and girls who are capable of making decisions.

And furthermore I have seen some SS sketches from fancy schmancy artists that look like doo doo brown, to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder friends.

i'm in the matt haley (sp) opp, going to see how that goes before doing more

call it testing the waters

no offence menace, but you are new to this and have to build a reputation for it

imo you shouldn't run more then one, or at least maybe a month apart to help keep all info strait....if their is a mess up it will come down to how you handel it

if you have a system for keeping them sepreat then as long as it works my point is moot then (thumbs u (1st part, not 2nd)

not saying you'll do things that might screw it up in some fasion on porpose, (shrug) mess happens at times though

I appreciate the support on the Haley thread DP as well your Red Angel purchase. I see your point and am doing my best to balance things.

I would love to run only one thread at a time but that must be balanced by my desire and need to show CGC that it is worth working with me.

This thread has twice the subs that the Haley thread has at the moment. I do have a system designed by my awesome fiance that will help the process. She is an edxecutive assistant at a medical firm and designed my billing program to keep things organized.

Jake M.

Do I need to hear your observation? If it's intent is to protect me or make me aware of unknown behavior of a particular artist or member, which others have, than that's why they have PM. If its intent is to help a new member who has access to up and coming artists than that's why they have PM.

It just comes off like a move to come into the OPs thread and post your negative opinions.

You may well be right about everything but it comes off poorly.