• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN First Class Trailer

72 posts in this topic

Huh, was not expecting to be intrigued but I gotta say, that doesn't look too bad. What am I saying? lol

It's ok...it's a trailer.

A good trailer could make turd juggling look inspiring and interesting.

Nice trailer...all further judgment is reserved.

I beg to differ. Turd juggling is both inspiring and interesting in and of itself... ;)

Huh, was not expecting to be intrigued but I gotta say, that doesn't look too bad. What am I saying? lol

It's ok...it's a trailer.

A good trailer could make turd juggling look inspiring and interesting.

Nice trailer...all further judgment is reserved.

I beg to differ. Turd juggling is both inspiring and interesting in and of itself... ;)

That was a poor example on my part...true.

Was there an X-Men: First Class series I'm unaware of? ( If there was I apologize )

Yes, first series in 2006 for 8 issues then again in 2007 for 16 issues with 2 specials also thrown.

Did it look like the trailer at all? Honestly, I'm very out of the loop when it comes to moderns, this very well could be a very faithful representation of that specific series and in that case...my bad.

Was there an X-Men: First Class series I'm unaware of? ( If there was I apologize )

Yes, first series in 2006 for 8 issues then again in 2007 for 16 issues with 2 specials also thrown.

Did it look like the trailer at all? Honestly, I'm very out of the loop when it comes to moderns, this very well could be a very faithful representation of that specific series and in that case...my bad.

I would like to add this:

It really all depends on how regular movie audiences react to the trailer.

"Fanboys" can whine and :censored: all they want,it's non-comic book fans that will most likely see this film 2c

Can someone link me to the trailer y'all have been looking at? The one I saw made me :sick:

Agreed. This trailer didn't interest me in the least. Considering I enjoyed the trailer to Indy 4 and how bad the actual movie was I can only imagine how uninterested I will be in this film. Professor Xavier looks like he is battling AIDS or perhaps the Legacy Virus.

"Fanboys" can whine and :censored: all they want,it's non-comic book fans that will most likely see this film 2c

Duh? If X-MEN sells a little over 100,000 copies a month and that number does not accurately reflect the number of warm bodies buying those books, it's obvious the studios don't care what the fans think. Why should they in all honesty? It's not the fans who are making them money, it's the other 90% + of the movie going population. As a "fanboy" who actually reads and likes comics and who loves these characters I have every right to want them not to krap all over them and to voice my displeasure when they do.

Can someone link me to the trailer y'all have been looking at? The one I saw made me :sick:

Agreed. This trailer didn't interest me in the least. Considering I enjoyed the trailer to Indy 4 and how bad the actual movie was I can only imagine how uninterested I will be in this film. Professor Xavier looks like he is battling AIDS or perhaps the Legacy Virus.

But he's got a lovely head of hair though :cloud9:

Trailer looked pretty decent and had a good score playing along. BUT, if that furry looking bastage is STILL the Beast I'm gonna really be peaved! :frustrated: Of course the X-Men franchise of movies has totally blown the timeline out of the water, but if this is gonna be a prequel, ya better have a hairless Beast! Like really, the real BEAST....for reals! :shy:

Trailer looked pretty decent and had a good score playing along. BUT, if that furry looking bastage is STILL the Beast I'm gonna really be peaved! :frustrated: Of course the X-Men franchise of movies has totally blown the timeline out of the water, but if this is gonna be a prequel, ya better have a hairless Beast! Like really, the real BEAST....for reals! :shy:

:gossip: Watch the trailer again, hairless Beast is in the trailer. You can see him freak out when his foot turns blue, and I think that's also him with the needle.

Duh? If X-MEN sells a little over 100,000 copies a month and that number does not accurately reflect the number of warm bodies buying those books, it's obvious the studios don't care what the fans think. Why should they in all honesty? It's not the fans who are making them money, it's the other 90% + of the movie going population. As a "fanboy" who actually reads and likes comics and who loves these characters I have every right to want them not to krap all over them and to voice my displeasure when they do.

Why can't a movie contain a new story? It is unrealistic to believe movies will stick 100% to the comics the are from. It's not like you the comic book companies never go back and reveal more about the past that changes our understanding of the characters and their relationships with each other.

As long as the movies are good and don't completely alter the history of the characters we, as comic collectors, should be happy. I know I love seeing great comic book movies like Iron-Man and Bat-Man and am not going to complain if the movie studios tweak the history of the characters a bit. You know why, if those other 90% of general public viewers didn't go to see these movies we would all be watching movies that look like this:

If it really bothers you pretend the movies are What If's. What if Matthew Vaughn wrote a comic book called X-Men First Class. Then you can see the movies and use the comics to give you the real X-Men stories.

:gossip: Watch the trailer again, hairless Beast is in the trailer. You can see him freak out when his foot turns blue, and I think that's also him with the needle.

It might be, and it might not. Hell, it might be Nightcrawler's origin? He's blue too! Thing is Hollyweird is making movies early and often. They could give a tiny rat's doo-doo what we all think. For me, JUST MAKE A GOOD MOVIE!

:whistle:

Source: about.com

Definition: A fanboy is a extreme collector of something. In the case of comic books, this is the person that has everything about their favorite comic book or comic character. Some people might even consider this type of person obsessive.

Many creators see fanboys as difficult to deal with as they are often vocal and critical of changes made to characters and comic books. They will haunt websites and forums, posting their thoughts and ideas sometimes to excess.

http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/fanboy.htm

109203.jpg.93b15133d9c00091a3249b0fa9fc9eb1.jpg

Duh? If X-MEN sells a little over 100,000 copies a month and that number does not accurately reflect the number of warm bodies buying those books, it's obvious the studios don't care what the fans think. Why should they in all honesty? It's not the fans who are making them money, it's the other 90% + of the movie going population. As a "fanboy" who actually reads and likes comics and who loves these characters I have every right to want them not to krap all over them and to voice my displeasure when they do .

I agree.

The last thing I want to see is my favorite comic book character's origin or personally changed for a movie :mad:

But I don't mind them make a few changes to the character or story arc so it doesn't look or sound too cheesy or ridiculous on the big screen 2c

Not enough detail to make a proper judgment but visually it looked "better" than any of the previous 3 films. I like it so far...

That`s because they downplayed the use of the X-men wearing thier superhero costumes in this trailer,as the first three movies had the X-men wearing ridiculous costumes for the movies, you will notice by them showing the miltary planes it took the emphasis off the X-men characters themselves, it might end up a decent movie but it will probally be not about the X-men we all have read about. 2c

At the 56 secend mark it doesn't look like I should let my son watch it. It seemed to have a "90210" feel to it.

Sometimes the best way to see a trailer is with no volume. Does the scene have action in it? Are they staring into each others eyes way too much?

However this movie should do fairly well with what we affectionately term fanboys as they've loaded it up with pretty girls.