• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 24*

113 posts in this topic

So what's the point of including in the contest a book with a significant defect that nobody can see from the scans provided?

It can be seen in the scan provided. There is a long color breaking crease that starts above Spider-Man's left knee and runs through Kraven and all the way down to just above Mary Jane.

Yeah, I saw it. That's why I gave it 7.5. :sumo:

So what's the point of including in the contest a book with a significant defect that nobody can see from the scans provided?

It can be seen in the scan provided. There is a long color breaking crease that starts above Spider-Man's left knee and runs through Kraven and all the way down to just above Mary Jane.

Well, then you should have factored in the disclosed non-color breaking crease, the spine creases and the small tape pull on the back cover in the red "Free Catalog" box.

Well, then you should have factored in the disclosed non-color breaking crease, the spine creases and the small tape pull on the back cover in the red "Free Catalog" box.

Yes, I should have. Clearly.

That's exactly what I did.

Yes, I should have. Clearly.

You were closer than most. :baiting:

I noticed the red "Free Catalog" box, but did not think is was a tape pull.

It may not be a tape pull, but that's what it looks like to me and the best way I know how to describe it. It could be a small color breaking thumb crease as well.

If there is another contest, missed rounds will result in negative points.

I totally agree, and if you guess wrong on a tough book and get -1, then a missed round should be -2 at least. Good call Doc. (thumbs u

With all of your guidance nobody in the next contest should be hitting negative figures.

That has been discussed as well and steps have been taken to close the data mine. ;)

There actually was a data mine? I thought it was just a heightened state of paranoia or an excuse for being mess at grading.

No, I have highlighted what is going on via PM, and Doc knows all about it.

+1

And it's his right knee, not his left knee. :makepoint: