• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 24*

113 posts in this topic

If there is another contest, missed rounds will result in negative points.

I totally agree, and if you guess wrong on a tough book and get -1, then a missed round should be -2 at least. Good call Doc. (thumbs u

I totally agree, and if you guess wrong on a tough book and get -1, then a missed round should be -2 at least. Good call Doc. (thumbs u

With all of your guidance nobody in the next contest should be hitting negative figures.

With all of your guidance nobody in the next contest should be hitting negative figures.

That has been discussed as well and steps have been taken to close the data mine. ;)

That has been discussed as well and steps have been taken to close the data mine. ;)

There actually was a data mine? I thought it was just a heightened state of paranoia or an excuse for being mess at grading.

There actually was a data mine? I thought it was just a heightened state of paranoia or an excuse for being mess at grading.

Well, data mine might not be the correct terminology, but there are resources available for those that knew where to look. It isn't really cheating... more like an open book test.

Well, data mine might not be the correct terminology, but there are resources available for those that knew where to look. It isn't really cheating... more like an open book test.

We should have a guess the F_T grade contest next.

So what's the point of including in the contest a book with a significant defect that nobody can see from the scans provided?

It can be seen in the scan provided. There is a long color breaking crease that starts above Spider-Man's left knee and runs through Kraven and all the way down to just above Mary Jane.