• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 121 Club

487 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on the Batman 121 CGC 6.5 with OW pages closing at $1456.00? It's a real nice copy, though

SLR

I like the price.

Did you buy it?

No because I own a CGC 7.5. What's funny is that I was selling a CGC 6.5 on these boards 2 years ago for a third of the price the Comiclink book sold for. There were no takers. I ended up trading it away to Bob Storms for another comic I wanted.

I honestly feel bats121 is the key silver age bat book. Even tec359 Isn't as close in price as this book. But I could be wrong. It just seems this book has a steady small value increase.

??? As close in price to what?

Sorry I didn't make sense. Overall I think this bat book is the key silver age batman comic. ;)

Agreed. Check the OSPG and you'll see it's worth a lot more than Detective Comics 359.

The only other book that comes colse to the Batman 121 would be Detective Comics 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter.

SLR

Sorry I didn't make sense. Overall I think this bat book is the key silver age batman comic. ;)

Agreed. Check the OSPG and you'll see it's worth a lot more than Detective Comics 359.

The only other book that comes colse to the Batman 121 would be Detective Comics 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter.

SLR

OK, what about Detective Comics #225?

The general consensus is that Tec 225 is not a SA book- came out before Showcase 4. If you disagree with the consensus, Tec 225 is the bigger SA key.

I'd agree with the consensus, but since Tec #230 was brought up as well I thought I'd raise #225...

Perhaps Bats 121 will pass Tecs 225 & 230 in the future (even though the latter are not SA books)?
My thoughts are that 230 is a difficult book to come by in higher grades, and 121 is a rising star. 121 has all the making to be the bigger key than 225, 230, or 359. Most relevant character, with batgirl a close second.

Speaking as someone who is not a Batman fan at all, from the perspective of an outsider, Batgirl seems like a much more important character than Mister Freeze. I gather that Batman #121 is significantly harder to find, especially in grade, but Detective #359 just feels more key to me.

2c

Speaking as someone who is not a Batman fan at all, from the perspective of an outsider, Batgirl seems like a much more important character than Mister Freeze. I gather that Batman #121 is significantly harder to find, especially in grade, but Detective #359 just feels more key to me.

2c

Yep, and I'd argue that the Martian Manhunter is a much more important character than both Batgirl and Mr. Freeze.