• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Enthusiasts Thread!

117 posts in this topic

I don't have as much Silver age stuff as what's been posted, but maybe my contribution will still be as appreciated and cool in it's own right.

IronMan1-1.jpg

IronMan2.jpg

IronMan3.jpg

IronMan4.jpg

IronMan5.jpg

I probably have one of the biggest CGC SS Iron Man collection? :shrug:

I missed out 4 of my CGC's, one of them is my Mickey Rourke Whiplash CGC SS, and the other is another Adi Granov, w/ sketch, a Salvador Larroca, and Al Milogram, but I think this is okay enough to show :) when I get my own scanner, I can have them displayed properly and not crappy scans like some of them are. I have a lot of raws, in nice (9.8) condition, more so classic issues than key issues (128, and such), I'm going to get them signed and subbed though :)

Thanks man. It wouldn't be anything without the forums help :) There are a lot of stuff I wish I had, but I am not rich, so an Iron Man 9 CGC 9.8 is beyond me :P I enjoy to get harder to find signatures, seeing as that's in the realm of possible - just :P

That's an impressive collection, Lloyd! Love all the SS. (worship)

That is an awesome collection! I love the double signed #5 and the Layton SS sketch cover. Very cool stuff, thanks for showing it! This is the kind of stuff I would like to see in this thread. The super high grade SA stuff is way cool, but there is a lot more to Iron Man collecting than #1-15 in 9.8 (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

It's all about timing for me.

The 9.4 #1, I bought for $300 back in like 93 or 94. I literally had my LCS in college hold it for me for 3 days while I sold my Sega genesis, all the games and spent 2 days rolling all the change I saved in a big jar during college!

All the others(except the TOS's) i got like 9 years ago in a 400 book collection I bought. Even though I paid a lot more than a dealer would for a collection, back them Iron Man was worth almost nothing except #1's. Luckily for me, nobody back then had a clue that there would be TWO and counting insanely popular IM movies!

That is an awesome collection! I love the double signed #5 and the Layton SS sketch cover. Very cool stuff, thanks for showing it! This is the kind of stuff I would like to see in this thread. The super high grade SA stuff is way cool, but there is a lot more to Iron Man collecting than #1-15 in 9.8 (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

I gotta say that this is a little offensive especially since it is clearly directed at me.

I'm sorry that I have HG early Iron Mans but this is the SA forum so it never occured to me to post 9.8 moderns. If Lloyd wants to spend his money on uber HG SS moderns, that's his prerogative.( just for the record, MOST of the books Lloyd posted were 9.8's) Personally, I'd rather spend my money on HG SA books. If ultra HG moderns was " the kind of stuff you'd like to see" in this thread, why did you post this in the SA forum???

It is pretty ironic though that now that you got your hands on some HG early Iron Mans, you posted them even though "there's a LOT more to Iron Man collecting" than early HG issues (thumbs u

Don't worry though, I won't clutter up your thread with any more early HG's.

I gotta say that this is a little offensive especially since it is clearly directed at me.

I'm sorry that I have HG early Iron Mans but this is the SA forum so it never occured to me to post 9.8 moderns. If Lloyd wants to spend his money on uber HG SS moderns, that's his prerogative.( just for the record, MOST of the books Lloyd posted were 9.8's) Personally, I'd rather spend my money on HG SA books. If ultra HG moderns was " the kind of stuff you'd like to see" in this thread, why did you post this in the SA forum???

It is pretty ironic though that now that you got your hands on some HG early Iron Mans, you posted them even though "there's a LOT more to Iron Man collecting" than early HG issues (thumbs u

Don't worry though, I won't clutter up your thread with any more early HG's.

I just PMed sufunk by way of making an apology and putting my comment into context, and I'd like to do that here as well before we devolve this thread into some flame war when what we should be doing is enjoying the camaraderie (I know I totally misspelled that) of collecting Iron Man.

If you look at Lloyd's quote above his books it seemed to me that he was basically apologizing for his books, which wasn't necessary because they are way cool. I hate to see a collector feel that their collection, that they have amassed with love and enthusiasm, doesn't measure up so I was just encouraging him. I know I have been intimidated to post on the boards at times because I don't have lots of crazy 9.8 Silver Age, so I knew where Lloyd was coming from. Anyway, all I meant to say in that quote was that I wanted to see variety in the thread. Note that I did also say, in all sincerity, that "super high grade SA stuff is way cool" and ended the post with the "(not that there's anything wrong with that)" to again make it clear that 9.8 books are cool and worthy of inclusion. If anyone misunderstood my post, hopefully that makes it clear.

Finally, let me say that I was definitely not slamming sufunk. I enjoy seeing his books and reading his posts. I hope he will accept my reaching out and continue to post in this thread. No offense was meant.

It's hard to tell. There's a few things going on there that are hard to tell if it's on the slab or the book, but I got to believe most if not all are,

since it got such a high grade. But $75k, I mean seriously?

It's hard to tell. There's a few things going on there that are hard to tell if it's on the slab or the book, but I got to believe most if not all are,

A lot of streak marks and scratches on the CGC case. I agree, at $75K, it's not the only 9.9 of issue two or a major first appearance. For that price, I'll take a high grade TOS 39.

A lot of streak marks and scratches on the CGC case. I agree, at $75K, it's not the only 9.9 of issue two or a major first appearance. For that price, I'll take a high grade TOS 39.

+1

And I think that that extra tiny piece at the upper left is just that, a tiny extra bit at the top of the book. I have a few early Iron Mans that have that, and I used to think they were badly trimmed but now think they could just have a miscut.

NICE!!! Even in a Fortress no less (worship)

Thats old school baby! lol

I take it this means you're out of the #1 market hm

Thanks Jason! I owe thanks for the IM 1 from Comicdey and fortress from Rube11. I'm on the fence about slabbing this copy... hm

But for now I am out of the market...key words are for now... lol

i'm keeping it old school in the fortress to keep any spine stress or other stuff that can happen. Plus, I always thought the fortress was a great way to protect prized comics. I'm surprised they aren't more prominent on here as there a lot of raw collectors too...

I'm 95% done with my IM 1-300 collection (majority raw).

Need to upgrade 4 and 6-10 in HG... :baiting: