• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old

61 posts in this topic

as a completionist i would say someone wants a cgc in every grade ? even that sounds silly to me.

gijoed told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

hm That's an interesting undertaking.

It would be an awesome display, but I imagine getting every grade would only work on something modern, for the usual reasons...Getting a 10 down to NG would be incredibly cool.

as a completionist i would say someone wants a cgc in every grade ? even that sounds silly to me.

gijoed told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

It would be an awesome display, but I imagine getting every grade would only work on something modern, for the usual reasons...Getting a 10 down to NG would be incredibly cool.

A couple of years ago in Chicago I saw him picking up about six copies of JLA #21 from the CGC booth. Had a beautiful looking 9.4

Also saw him subbing a book that he was hoping to get a 1.0, as he already have a 0.5. I told him the book looked too nice and he should rip off more of the back cover.

A couple of years ago in Chicago I saw him picking up about six copies of JLA #21 from the CGC booth. Had a beautiful looking 9.4

Also saw him subbing a book that he was hoping to get a 1.0, as he already have a 0.5. I told him the book looked too nice and he should rip off more of the back cover.

lol

I wonder if you can pre-screen for "no higher than" grades.... hm

I remember that!

That book is nigh impossible to find in 9.4 so that's pretty impressive...I think #29 is the only tougher book to find of the run once you are outside of the top 3.

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old (shrug)

Well, when mommies and daddies love each other and want to have a baby.......

Does this have anything to do with daddy parking his car in mommy's garage? Or would it be mommy's gorilla eating daddy's banana?

When I first came back to the hobby I bought the three cheapest slabs I could get off a CL auction so I could see grading examples and check out what a slabbed book even looked like (my LCS doesn't have any). If there had been something this cheap on ebay I might have gone for it, although I'm glad I bought what I did (although the shipping was more than all three books if I recall).

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old (shrug)

Well, when mommies and daddies love each other and want to have a baby.......

Does this have anything to do with daddy parking his car in mommy's garage? Or would it be mommy's gorilla eating daddy's banana?

Last time daddy came home drunk and tried to park his car in mommy's garage he drove into the hedges and made a horrible mess. Daddy was knocked out cold and mommy was quite ticked.