• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondering

Do you still by new weekly comics  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still by new weekly comics

28 posts in this topic

Just about still hanging in there, with half a dozen Marvels but no DCs or indies at all anymore.

Gradually switching to TPs, and I don't feel I'm missing a thing. :)

Just about still hanging in there, with half a dozen Marvels but no DCs or indies at all anymore.

Some TPBs takes forever to come out *cough* Vertigo *cough*

I would like to read some, but I'd rather spend my money on old comics.
This is where I've been for the last several years. I occasionally buy new books, but nothing regular, and no pull list. I tend to buy TPBs whenever I need something new to read. The new floppies I buy are generally just for the cover, although the new Warlord of Mars series has me visiting the LCS the last couple of months. It satisfies both as a good read and as collectible covers. Parillo is turning in some fine work for this series.

Some TPBs takes forever to come out *cough* Vertigo *cough*
The only Vertigo title I read in trade format is Scalped. This doesn't seem to take too long at all to make the transfer, but having a very popular writer might well explain that.

I would like to read some, but I'd rather spend my money on old comics.
By cutting back on new comics I've been able to head in the same direction myself recently.

I pretty much only buy them. Never been interested in the older comics.

It's my cup of tea, which is quite different than everyone else on here but I'm not worried ;)

There are some really good series out there. Li'l Depressed Boy, Who is Jake Ellis, TWD, Scalped, Orc Stain, etc...

The problem is just finding your way past the 500 superhero variants/crossovers/deaths in Marvel/DC drek.