• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD?
1 1

55 posts in this topic

At one time or another....most of us have been

FLAMED

14_6_1.gif by a fellow member.

If you have....please post it in this thread.

I was only here a couple days before I received mine:

Congratulations. You just became only the second person I have rated 1-star.

If you're so sick of hearing about the comic industry, why the hell are you here? Why have you made 370 posts on these forums in six weeks? Why have you subjected us to your opinions if you had no interest in being part of this community?

"Who [!@#%^&^] cares?" I'll tell you who cares! Nearly everybody else on these forums, that's who. We ALL care about the comic industry and where it's going. Whether it's because we want to buy them, want to sell them, want to write them or want to read them, WE ALL CARE. Everybody, it seems, but you.

Why DON'T you care how many people collect comics? Why DON'T you care if comics are "cool"? The long-term health of the industry is vitally important to everybody else here whether they are readers, collectors, or dealers. Whether they want to be able to continue reading. Whether they want to be able to add items to their collection. Whether they want to have customers to sell the items they already possess. You claim to love comics, yet you DON'T care whether they continue to be published? What are you, five? You expect the rest of society to do everything for you while you sit back and enjoy the benefits...

"Half( if not more) of the people currently "involved" with comics are in it for nothing more than the $$$$$." That may have been true in 1993, but it sure as hell isn't true now. And if you pulled your head out the sand for five minutes you ought to be able to figure that out. Most people in the comic industry now can easily make more money doing other things, a great many of them are doing this because they love it too much to quit. Nearly every good comic writer working today can make more money writing mainstream fiction, but they continue to write comics because they love the medium. And you sit at your computer and spit on that love. How dare you? Who the hell do you think you are?

""What can we do to get more people into collecting comics?" Get rid of all the "speculators", and start writing GREAT stories again." Wake the hell up. Ask anyone in the business and they will tell you there is as much or more quality writing in comics today as there ever has been. Ask the folks on this forum who read Brian Azzarello, Brian Michael Bendis, Jeph Loeb, Alan Moore, Terry Moore, Greg Rucka, J. Michael Straczynski, Kevin Smith, or Brian K. Vaughan. Ask them whether they can't wait for Wednesday to roll around so they can get new comics. "Speculators"? Here you go with the 1993 again. Have you been in State Prison since then? A lot has changed in the last ten years.

Why don't you go back to wherever it was you were before April 17th, when you signed up here? Because the rest of us here DO care about comics, DO care about where they are going, and DO understand that 1993 was ten long years ago. Whether directly or indirectly, nearly every person here is doing something to "get more people involved". Maybe it's a co-worker, or a friend from Rotary, or the guy who delivers pizza, or the kids at the local youth shelter, or the blue-hairs waiting at the beauty parlor. But I've heard stories from nearly everyone else here about them spreading the love of comics. And you come in here and publicly announce that not only do you refuse to do the same, but you insist we're all just in it for the money. How dare you?

You say you are "starting to dislike the modern collector". Well, I count several of the folks here who fit that description among my friends. And I am way past "starting" to dislike you.

Damnn. What did you do?

I am getting SO sick of hearing people complain about the "COMIC INDUSTRY". Who [!@#%^&^] cares? If you like comics; buy them. If you don't......don't. Why do we need to "get more people involved"? I don't care about how many people collect comics. I don't care if comics are "cool". I don't really even care about the "state" of the comic market. Half( if not more) of the people currently "involved" with comics are in it for nothing more than the $$$$$. "What can we do to get more people into collecting comics?" Get rid of all the "speculators", and start writing GREAT stories again. I love comics.....but I''m starting to really dislike the "modern collector". makepoint.gif

Lighthouse 27_laughing.gif

Yup.

Wow, he is usually such an even-tempered guy - you must have really got under his skin that day... or he found the Goth Princess moonlighting at his favorite strip club! 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

Kevin76 (On something so dumb I forget), nochips (on his overgrading), and wolveroach? (over the condition of his Conan #1 after he asked for opinions on grade) has flamed with me before. 27_laughing.gif

Kevin76 (On something so dumb I forget), nochips (on his overgrading), and wolveroach? (over the condition of his Conan #1 after he asked for opinions on grade) has flamed with me before. 27_laughing.gif
The graemlins used in that Wolveroach baggin' were classic!! cool.gif

Thats tough luck 893naughty-thumb.gif

But to me, nothing beats Hammer telling me he was gonna fly to England to come and kick my [!@#%^&^]! Emails, PMs, posts all stating the same thing. But the best part was, when I blocked his emails, he then contacted Minutekev (or kevthemev? can't remember which) thinking that was me 27_laughing.gif

That was the end for him, may he RIP.

Thats tough luck 893naughty-thumb.gif

But to me, nothing beats Hammer telling me he was gonna fly to England to come and kick my [!@#%^&^]! Emails, PMs, posts all stating the same thing. But the best part was, when I blocked his emails, he then contacted Minutekev (or kevthemev? can't remember which) thinking that was me 27_laughing.gif

That was the end for him, may he RIP.

Dude, Hammer was going to fly ME to New York (on his dime) so he could eviscerate me with his claws and feed me my own entrails... then he decided we could be friends and he was going to fly me to New York so he could take me out for hookers and a steak dinner.

I miss that nutjob.

Dude, Hammer was going to fly ME to New York (on his dime) so he could eviscerate me with his claws and feed me my own entrails... then he decided we could be friends and he was going to fly me to New York so he could take me out for hookers and a steak dinner.

I miss that nutjob.

How is that possible if you joined these boards on 3/23/2004? Hammer was banned on 5/23/2003? You got some explainin' to do! stooges.gif

I miss that nutjob.

How is that possible if you joined these boards on 3/23/2004? Hammer was banned on 5/23/2003? You got some explainin' to do! stooges.gif

Er... that is... um... ah... This was Pre-Crisis continuity! Yes! That was Golden Age Clark Khaos! He was lost at the edge of time before the beginning of time with KhaosBoy, Golden Age Lois Khaos, and Khaos Mutt, Chimp, and Khat. But you cannot possibly remember that as only very select members of the press were allowed to journey back there to witness the event. And Hammer. Yes, select members of the press and one or two comic book trimmers. Wait, no. Hammer wasn't there. This happened before Hammer existed, but it brought about the exchange in which he did NOT tell me that because I did not exist on the board before when he had told me that the day after yesterday.

See?

Now, let us never speak of this again.