• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "I haven't bought a comic book in at least a year till now" thread...

10 posts in this topic

That's right....I am ashamed to admit that as a once avid collector of comics and part time comic book dealer on Ebay some twelve years ago it has been a year or more since I bought any comic books :tonofbricks:

In my limited defense I got a divorce in 2007 and lost all of my coins, comics, and baseball cards so the thought of starting over has always seem to be a bit of a daunting task so I jumped back into coins full time and tried to keep comic books out of my mind which is no easy task considering all of the comic book inspired movies coming out :devil:

Well last week I saw the trailer for the new Thor movie and I remembered when I used to own a complete run of Thor from #126 to around #450 and it was certainly one of my favoriate titles. The collecting bug hit me all at once and I jumped on heritage and bid on a few comis (won 1 ASM book), jumped on the B/S/T and bought up like 7 Superman (Action/Adventure Comics) books, then I found a nice mide grade copy of JIM #84 followed quickly by Incredible Hulk #4 & #6, then I grabbed a Spectacular Spiderman #1 off Ebay and finally I picked up mide grade copies of JIM #117, #118, #124.

As you can tell there literally was no method to my madness and I typically buy what I like on the spur of the moment as I have never been a run builder hm So I don't know if I am curred but I would certainly like to get back in to picking up Silver age and Golden age gems as I am a cover art guy all the way.

HULK4front.jpg

hulk6.jpg

JIM84front.jpg

JIM_117_label.jpg

JIM_117f.jpg

JIM_118_label.jpg

JIM_118f.jpg

JIM_124_label.jpg

JIM_124f.jpg

action311cgc60crow.jpg

action327cgc65ow.jpg

action331cgc60ow.jpg