• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics = Bad Feedback????

65 posts in this topic

Man, I always thought Mile High was a decent dealer.

I think Mile High, like MyComicShop/Lonestar, serve a specific need in the collecting community & they both handle high volume so mistakes and backorders will happen; how they service that should guide you when choosing where to buy in the future. In RMA's case MH gave the better service of these two I've tried both and they were pretty similar.

The best ebay high volume dealer I would recommend for for grading/shipping is Fantasy Comics.

I disagree with the statement below putting Chuck in with the likes of Robojo. Chuck does some wacky PR mess but I've never seen him accused of the stuff that Robojo has been accused of doing.

I find it so funny that after all the talk on the boards about certain "dealers"Chuck Rozanski,Roboblow etc. That people still buy from them? (shrug) Does one like to stand in front of a wall and continue to walk into it over and over again?smily1325.gif

chuck is a shameless huckster but he provides a service/product that i employ regularly. if you are looking for cheapo readers to fill runs, he's often got the goods. when i began my "read every vertigo mini-series" quest, i was able to find hundreds of books on his website. by waiting for his constant codeword sales, i've probably spent $1.20 on average per book shipped.

Should I suck it up, leave normal feedback and forget about it. or...

Leave Negative feedback and blast them.

Do what you feel is right.

What I usually do with an Ebay seller like this is give them a chance to make it right. If they resolve a situation professionally, and come across sincere, it's never appropriate for me to leave a negative. They fixed the problem - why be vindictive?

Any time in the past I ordered from Mile High, they made things right. They are just slow to respond due to the high order volume and emails they must receive daily.

And I too have had the experience of Mycomicshop "Send them back and we'll be so kind as to give you a $3 shipping refund." I haven't ordered with them in a long time.

Any time in the past I ordered from Mile High, they made things right. They are just slow to respond due to the high order volume and emails they must receive daily.

Oh yeah, yeah, they're a billion dollar company servicing thousands of calls and emails every day. You can't expect them to get back to you in a day or a week. They get a lot of orders.

Really??!! Really?

I'm sorry, man, but you're sounding like an apologist for Chuck. Logistics are a part of mail order. If you don't care enough about your customers to figure it out, then the market should toss your lazy on to the street.

We're not talking about just some LCS here who can't seem to figure out the basics of doing business. This is a guy who's been the largest mail order comic seller for over 30 years. 30 years!! And he still can't figure it out! Why? Because he doesn't really care about customers. If he did, he would've fixed it long ago. This is the same guy that in the 80s was advertising all kinds of comics at NM prices and then the fine print said "for VG or better copies". How many kids got screwed on that one? Kids, man!! Yeah, taking money from children while tricking them. He's a stand up guy.

And yes, it's called a rantrant

Oh yeah, yeah, they're a billion dollar company servicing thousands of calls and emails every day. You can't expect them to get back to you in a day or a week. They get a lot of orders.

Really??!! Really?

I'm sorry, man, but you're sounding like an apologist for Chuck. Logistics are a part of mail order. If you don't care enough about your customers to figure it out, then the market should toss your lazy on to the street.

We're not talking about just some LCS here who can't seem to figure out the basics of doing business. This is a guy who's been the largest mail order comic seller for over 30 years. 30 years!! And he still can't figure it out! Why? Because he doesn't really care about customers. If he did, he would've fixed it long ago. This is the same guy that in the 80s was advertising all kinds of comics at NM prices and then the fine print said "for VG or better copies". How many kids got screwed on that one? Kids, man!! Yeah, taking money from children while tricking them. He's a stand up guy.

And yes, it's called a rantrant

I think it's totally understandable that they are a little slow in responding to and resolving problems. What's not acceptable is a business model that involves systematic selling of overgraded books with the idea we'll get away with it 95% of the time and deal with it the 5% of the time someone complains. We will prey on the ignorant or apathetic and make big $ doing so.

Dude, don't go all Francis on me.

Francis.jpg

I've knocked Mile High more times than I care to count. But if the OP is trying to replace the books versus get credit back, going wild horse on them is not going to get what you want.

Getting the money back is easy. If they don't come through, open a dispute. But then Ebay/Paypal will require you mail the books back, and he is out-of-pocket the return cash.

Think it through next time rather than letting your emotions do the thinking.

I think it's totally understandable that they are a little slow in responding to and resolving problems. What's not acceptable is a business model that involves systematic selling of overgraded books with the idea we'll get away with it 95% of the time and deal with it the 5% of the time someone complains. We will prey on the ignorant or apathetic and make big $ doing so.

I totally agree, which is why when I buy books from them that I want to be high-grade, I call and ask for details or insert a note in the order.

I never buy from their Ebay account because you get little to no support to make a decision (other than not to buy).

Oh wait - I'm a Mile High Apologist. :o:screwy:

I've knocked Mile High more times than I care to count. But if the OP is trying to replace the books versus get credit back, going wild horse on them is not going to get what you need from them.

Getting the money back is easy. If they don't come through, open a dispute. But then Ebay/Paypal will require you mail the books back, and he is out-of-pocket the return cash.

Think it through next time rather than letting your emotions do the thinking.

lol

I totally agree, which is why when I buy books from them that I want to be high-grade, I call and ask for details or insert a note in the order.

I never buy from their Ebay account because you get little to no support to make a decision (other than not to buy).

Oh wait - I'm a Mile High Apologist. :o:screwy:

Yes, yes you are.

So I bought two comics from Mile High Comics on Ebay. Both issues were described as VF. I paid immediately after winning. One week after the comics were SUPPOSED to have arrived, I sent them a message asking where the comics were. Three days later I got a message saying they couldnt find them, but they were now on their way. Two days after that, I got them. The comics I got were not nearly VF. One had wrinkles from water damage. I messaged them through Ebay two days ago and have yet to hear from them. At this point its not worth my time or effort to return them. I have never left bad feedback for anyone, but I am seriously considering it.

What do you think?

I think anyone foolish enough to do business with MH Comics deserves

what they get. Chalk it up to learning the hard way, leave a neg and don't do it again.

So I bought two comics from Mile High Comics on Ebay. Both issues were described as VF. I paid immediately after winning. One week after the comics were SUPPOSED to have arrived, I sent them a message asking where the comics were. Three days later I got a message saying they couldnt find them, but they were now on their way. Two days after that, I got them. The comics I got were not nearly VF. One had wrinkles from water damage. I messaged them through Ebay two days ago and have yet to hear from them. At this point its not worth my time or effort to return them. I have never left bad feedback for anyone, but I am seriously considering it.

What do you think?

what they get. Chalk it up to learning the hard way, leave a neg and don't do it again.

I feel the same way,learn from your mistakes and don't buy from him again.Then you wont have to start another thread about Chuck sending you VG books at NM prices. (shrug)

What do you think?

That's the ticket.

We're all human and make mistakes. Give them a chance to correct the problem. 2c

I agree that MH & Lonestar are good places to pick up readers. The prices are cheap but count on overgrading.

I had a problem once with MH. A couple books were way overgraded. I e-mailed them and their response was to refund my money, let me keep the books, and gave me a $5 credit towards my next purchase. I thought that was great customer service.

I had a problem last week with a Lonestar order. I ordered over 75 comics and there were 2 mistakes (they sent the wrong comics). In fact the comics they did send were more valuable. They let me keep the 2 wrong comics and credited my account for the books I didn't recieve.

I will continue to buy from both companies.

Please...by ALL means...please DO NOT buy from Mile High.

Less competition for me when and if Chuckles has something worthwhile.

And when I get things like Batman #492, the ULTRA scarce third printing, in solid 9.8 condition (arrived yesterday, will probably go out to CGC next week)....and I paid $4.20 for it...and I would have been happy with a Fine....well....

Don't buy from Chuck. Save that nastiness for the grownups who can handle it.

:cloud9:

How about this one....I bought on one occasion over 20 books....it took them over 30 days to get them to me....then once they did ship them they refunded for some of the books that were sold.

What upset me was that I passed on others that I would have picked if I had known I wasn't going to get them....

Then on top of that over 30 days to get them. GRRRRR......

Yeah I was a dummy and went back for another order like that.....same damn thing.

I should have known better, but the price(s) were just too good.