• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics = Bad Feedback????

65 posts in this topic

So I bought two comics from Mile High Comics on Ebay. Both issues were described as VF. I paid immediately after winning. One week after the comics were SUPPOSED to have arrived, I sent them a message asking where the comics were. Three days later I got a message saying they couldnt find them, but they were now on their way. Two days after that, I got them. The comics I got were not nearly VF. One had wrinkles from water damage. I messaged them through Ebay two days ago and have yet to hear from them. At this point its not worth my time or effort to return them. I have never left bad feedback for anyone, but I am seriously considering it.

What do you think?

Should I suck it up, leave normal feedback and forget about it. or...

Leave Negative feedback and blast them.

If they were only $3 just ask them for a full refund and to be able to keep the comics instead of wasting your time to send them back. I wouldn't bother leaving feedback if that were the resolution.

What's the bother? It take less than a minute.

Ive done similar business with them, but it was resolved fine in my cases. Cheapie books that were overgraded badly. I just called them up, and politely explained the situation. I think it happened twice- both times they told me to keep the damaged ones and they sent better copies. If they were out of stock, they refunded me.

You know, that's true...that happened to me once, and they did tell me to just keep them, and they'd send out better copies.

Better than Lonestar, which told me to send them back, and they'd cover $3....even though it was their mistake, and even though it cost more than $3.

grrrr

So I bought two comics from Mile High Comics on Ebay. Both issues were described as VF. I paid immediately after winning. One week after the comics were SUPPOSED to have arrived, I sent them a message asking where the comics were. Three days later I got a message saying they couldnt find them, but they were now on their way. Two days after that, I got them. The comics I got were not nearly VF. One had wrinkles from water damage. I messaged them through Ebay two days ago and have yet to hear from them. At this point its not worth my time or effort to return them. I have never left bad feedback for anyone, but I am seriously considering it.

What do you think?

I find it so funny that after all the talk on the boards about certain "dealers"Chuck Rozanski,Roboblow etc. That people still buy from them? (shrug) Does one like to stand in front of a wall and continue to walk into it over and over again?smily1325.gif

If they were only $3 just ask them for a full refund and to be able to keep the comics instead of wasting your time to send them back. I wouldn't bother leaving feedback if that were the resolution.

What's the bother? It take less than a minute.

Then you truly are Speedy!

lol

Ive done similar business with them, but it was resolved fine in my cases. Cheapie books that were overgraded badly. I just called them up, and politely explained the situation. I think it happened twice- both times they told me to keep the damaged ones and they sent better copies. If they were out of stock, they refunded me.

You know, that's true...that happened to me once, and they did tell me to just keep them, and they'd send out better copies.

Better than Lonestar, which told me to send them back, and they'd cover $3....even though it was their mistake, and even though it cost more than $3.

grrrr

Man, that really makes a big difference doesn't it? The resentment is much greater than the $2 or whatever you had to pay to cover the rest of the shipping.

Leave them a negative feedback!

It's not like it really matters since they get about 10 negs a day for their crappy service and shipping time. Maybe after a few thousand more negs they will realize waiting a month to ship out the wrong and/or overgrazed books is NOT the way to run a business (thumbs u

Leave them a negative feedback!

It's not like it really matters since they get about 10 negs a day for their crappy service and shipping time. Maybe after a few thousand more negs they will realize waiting a month to ship out the wrong and/or overgrazed books is NOT the way to run a business (thumbs u

They'll never realize that until it's true. As it stands, they do big volume business with mediocre support and it works just fine for them.

Consider it paid tuition. They move comics, so don't expect them to grade. In fact, if you look at their grading criteria...they give themselves a lot more leeway than what you'd expect a collector or CGC to have, and they STILL muck it up.

Don't go to the large comic houses and expect accurate grades. Period.

That would be nice if they sent new ones out or refunded the money. I think I would be able to leave positive feedback then.

I'd call them. Or email their MH address. It seems the quantity on ebay must be overwhelming, and your neg won't affect them either way, because they'll get a flood of positive feedback that'll counter it.

grrrr

Man, that really makes a big difference doesn't it? The resentment is much greater than the $2 or whatever you had to pay to cover the rest of the shipping.

Absolutely. It's a big fat "eff you" to the customer.

What do you think?

It seems like I was just writing about this in another thread...

Give them negative feedback. Maybe if they get enough they'll get the message, or other people will be more wary and not buy. Sorry to hear about your all too common experience with those guys.

grrrr

Absolutely. It's a big fat "eff you" to the customer.

Agreed. Good help is hard to find these days.