• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay feedback- opinion wanted

18 posts in this topic

So, I received a 17 book order with a 20 dollar purchase plus 13 for shipping. Of course, they arrived media mail- six books to a bag and sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. They were damaged on arrival as you would certainly expect (rounding from the bag stuffing and a nice little impact dent on all the corners).

My question- should I even bother fighting this guy for the couple bucks I would get back in a refund or just leave the negative feedback? I don't really see anything bad with doing it that way, but I thought I'd ask the old hands whether they'd give the guy a chance to respond first. He does ship a lot of comics and I thought warning some people might be worthwhile.

Personally, I would contact the seller first, but not for a shipping refund, for a total refund.

If the books were damaged due to poor shipping and not using the cash you paid him to purchase proper materials to ship them I would send them all back and get a complete refund including shipping.

You should talk to the seller first and see what they are willing to do.

yup, as other suggested..contact first for a full if not partial refund.

I have had a big dealer on Ebay that sell thousands of books sent me a box of 30 books without bags or boards in a media mail box without anything else to protect the books from banging around...needless to say, I asked for a return and got it no problem.

$13 to ship 17 books via media mail? ???

Which would be fine if he spent $3 on a box, $5 on mylars and full back, $2 on bubble wrap and packing peanuts plus the cost of media plus delivery confirmation...however it sounds like they got tossed into a bubble mailer and tossed down the mail chute.

It sounding like that's just my fault. I just got rodgered by not insisting on a flat rate box (and nailing that down in advance) for that kind of money in the first place. Ah, well, live and learn. At least it was a fairly cheap lesson.

It sounding like that's just my fault. I just got rodgered by not insisting on a flat rate box (and nailing that down in advance) for that kind of money in the first place. Ah, well, live and learn. At least it was a fairly cheap lesson.

You gotta do something to live up to your forum name. :baiting:

In my experience...there's NEVER a "good" way to complain. You can be the most meek, mild-mannered person in the world, but the second you say "there's a problem", defenses go up, and you deal with hostility much of the time.

I've tried every possible angle. Nothing works. Best to just go in and get it done.

I'd contact the seller first and see if he's willing to make it right.

You might be surprised.

You're right. I just contacted a guy today who sent a wrong DVD I had bought and had shipped to my son in Virginia.

The seller contacted me back in less than an hour and said: "sorry about that i will get the right one ship out in the morning he can keep the the (other one)"

Wow, was I floored. Positive eBay experience from a seller mistake!

He deserves a shout out: polarbear6005

In my experience...there's NEVER a "good" way to complain. You can be the most meek, mild-mannered person in the world, but the second you say "there's a problem", defenses go up, and you deal with hostility much of the time.

I've tried every possible angle. Nothing works. Best to just go in and get it done.

The best way to complain is to have your wife do it for you! I don't know why, but my wife is like my Mom in that she always gets her way, even after I would try calling and fail. She would call, or go into the store and get it done no questions asked but I would get hell from the store if I tried to return some open product with no receipt. lol

The best way to complain is to have your wife do it for you! I don't know why, but my wife is like my Mom in that she always gets her way, even after I would try calling and fail. She would call, or go into the store and get it done no questions asked but I would get hell from the store if I tried to return some open product with no receipt. lol

I don't know how they do that.

My wife can return tires to Macy's

I marvel at her abilities :luhv:

You must be doing something wrong or buying from the wrong people. I think a matter of fact approach is better, concluding with a "what do you think we can do to resolve this issue?".

I think most sellers who are in it for the long haul realize there will be screwups on both their side of the fence and on the buyers side. The important thing is how they handle those screwups. The ones that handle them poorly are usually eliminated through natural selection, unless they are independently wealthy. Unfortunately, on ebay it appears that new ones who have NOT been eliminated, pop up constantly.

just leave positive feed back but leave a comment like "they appear to be overgraded." It was a small enough purchase, and you appear to have paid little enough that you probably got what you paid for. Cut your loses and just remember not to purchase from that individual again.

I try and always read the feedback comments even when no negatives are left, people will often leave positive feedback while leaving mildly yet descriptive negative comments.