• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw FF #5 - Should I??

13 posts in this topic

Have an opportunity to pick up a Raw Fantastic Four #5 and a Raw Fantastic Four #9 at $1000 for the two. The #5 is a 6.0 and the #9 is a 4.0 Thoughts???? Let me have them.

Sound like your buying #5 and someone is throwing in the #9 to sweeten the deal? hm

You are right, they are. Here is my additional thought though. Do I buy this, hope it comes bad as a 6.0 or better with no issues or pay an extra $300+ for one that is already graded??

Have an opportunity to pick up a Raw Fantastic Four #5 and a Raw Fantastic Four #9 at $1000 for the two. The #5 is a 6.0 and the #9 is a 4.0 Thoughts???? Let me have them.

Sound like your buying #5 and someone is throwing in the #9 to sweeten the deal? hm

You are right, they are. Here is my additional thought though. Do I buy this, hope it comes bad as a 6.0 or better with no issues or pay an extra $300+ for one that is already graded??

Bingo! Thats what I would do,unless of course if you have already seen it in hand and it looks Bueno. :headbang:

if you just want the #5 and dont want the #9, you will obviously sell off the #9 and it should sell for around $175 CGC 4.0, leaving you owning the :wishluck: 6.0 #5 for $825. I wouldn't call it a no brainer deal because both books are not yet graded. I suggest spending your money on what you actually want.

if you just want the #5 and dont want the #9, you will obviously sell off the #9 and it should sell for around $175 CGC 4.0, leaving you owning the :wishluck: 6.0 #5 for $825. I wouldn't call it a no brainer deal because both books are not yet graded. I suggest spending your money on what you actually want.

Yea, do I really want it, hmmm I don"t know. First appearance of Doc Doom though??

Hopefully the 6.0 is a lowball estimate, and not wishful thinking. If so, and it is un-doctored, you should be good to go. Baring a catastrophe from CGC giving you a terrible grade though.

Thank you all. Great points and a reality check. Will let you know what I decide.