• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found this amusing (Hulk 181)

12 posts in this topic

I was posting on the eBay forums the other day (yeah I know, dumb me). And came across the following comments by a user

"I personally don't trust CGC since I sent a copy of Hulk 181 in twice and received a grade of 9.2 the first time I sent it in and a 9.8 the second time. I have no others that have been graded by CGC."

So I replied asking him how that could've happened as I had just looked over Valiantman's website and found no addition and subtraction of the books. I had a few responses criticizing the accuracy of Valiantman's info (as usual, uninformed people). And then the guy replies with this,

"Nothing would be taken off the census, because it was sent in the second time as a new book, without the original holder. I sold the copy as Fine + without any holder. "

So this guy supposedly.. took a CGC 9.8 copy of Hulk 181 out of the holder. And then sold it as F+. Riiiiiggggghhhhhtttt... I just don't understand why people spout BS like this.

Brian

I was posting on the eBay forums the other day (yeah I know, dumb me). And came across the following comments by a user

"I personally don't trust CGC since I sent a copy of Hulk 181 in twice and received a grade of 9.2 the first time I sent it in and a 9.8 the second time. I have no others that have been graded by CGC."

So I replied asking him how that could've happened as I had just looked over Valiantman's website and found no addition and subtraction of the books. I had a few responses criticizing the accuracy of Valiantman's info (as usual, uninformed people). And then the guy replies with this,

"Nothing would be taken off the census, because it was sent in the second time as a new book, without the original holder. I sold the copy as Fine + without any holder. "

So this guy supposedly.. took a CGC 9.8 copy of Hulk 181 out of the holder. And then sold it as F+. Riiiiiggggghhhhhtttt... I just don't understand why people spout BS like this.

Brian

Because they have no clue unfortunately!

Davidking623

Brian

Maybe he didn't need the nineteen thousand dollars? rolleyes.gif

You guys are being too critical. It is completely possible that he could have submitted the book, received the 9.2, cracked it out and sent it back in, received a 9.8......cracked it out and sold it as a 6.5 fine plus. gossip.gif

What part of this story do you find unbelievable confused-smiley-013.gif

stooges.gif

What part of this story do you find unbelievable

probrably wasnt even a Hulk 181... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Guess I typed before I thought

Is that possible? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif