• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Incredible Hulk #181

18 posts in this topic

Hey,

I bought a copy of Hulk 181 a few years ago, and I have always wondered how these markings on the first page affect the grade. Most of what I found as far as grading suggests that the date stamp does not really affect the grade, but I wanted to know what grade the writing would put it at.

Front Page

Zoom on damage

I have a feeling that I overpaid, but I still want to know what the grade should be. Other than those marks, the cover would be Very Fine, the Marvel Value stamp is intact, there are no tears, the pages have a slight yellowing. I want to know how much of a knock that writing would be.

I was also wondering if there were any options for cleaning the comic which would not be considered restoring it, and if any of those would be economical enough to be worthwhile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the front and back scans:

frontscan.jpg By isdbear at 2011-03-07[/img]

The bleed through that shows up on the front cover on the scan cannot be seen unless you look very closely at the actual book. It is not marks on the cover.

backscan.jpg

By isdbear at 2011-03-07

Let me know if you would like anything else

Its funny...I just had a conversation with the CGC just a few days ago regarding writing inside the book. As long as it is not really big scrawls that affect the story (like what you have is fine) it wont affect the grade. Obviously call them to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure the writing as you have shown would not affect the grade at all

Its funny...I just had a conversation with the CGC just a few days ago regarding writing inside the book. As long as it is not really big scrawls that affect the story (like what you have is fine) it wont affect the grade. Obviously call them to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure the writing as you have shown would not affect the grade at all

Agreed. I have writing on first page of a couple of graded books and it didn't seem to affect grade at all (my grades were 9.4). I'd give this a 7.0. (thumbs u