• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

Nothing, nada, zilch, zip, zero tonight for BA 1st issues! :(

The #1 registry set all up for sale but i only even bid on 1 tonight. They were just too HG and went for way too much. I'm trying to concentrate on Avengers and all my comic $$$ has gone to those lately. I'd LOVE to get some of these 1st issues in this auction but i probably will be lucky to win even 2 or 3 if that. Just a little too rich for my blood with all those 9.8's and 9.6's.

Wow! You didnt win any yet??? Too rich for your blood??? GET OUT!!! lol Which one did you bid on? I was watching the Big Jims Pack #NN 9.6...just watching it. That book is crazy hard to find. I have a copy, after looking for one for quite a long time. It sold for $513....Crazy price!!!!

The S.T.A.R. Team book is just as tough.

The #1 registry set all up for sale but i only even bid on 1 tonight. They were just too HG and went for way too much. I'm trying to concentrate on Avengers and all my comic $$$ has gone to those lately. I'd LOVE to get some of these 1st issues in this auction but i probably will be lucky to win even 2 or 3 if that. Just a little too rich for my blood with all those 9.8's and 9.6's.

Wow! You didnt win any yet??? Too rich for your blood??? GET OUT!!! lol Which one did you bid on? I was watching the Big Jims Pack #NN 9.6...just watching it. That book is crazy hard to find. I have a copy, after looking for one for quite a long time. It sold for $513....Crazy price!!!!

I have heard that, But I found that one pretty quick when I was looking for it...I guess I might have been looking for it at the right time...But Big Jims took me a few years of looking to get a copy. They also had a Star Team in the C link auction..I have to go check out the final price. Just checked....A CGC 9.6 sold for 80 bucks. Big jim was over 500!

I have heard that, But I found that one pretty quick when I was looking for it...I guess I might have been looking for it at the right time...But Big Jims took me a few years of looking to get a copy. They also had a Star Team in the C link auction..I have to go check out the final price. Just checked....A CGC 9.6 sold for 80 bucks. Big jim was over 500!

That is amazing. I am glad that I am not chasing that set any longer; I could have gotten dragged in to some of that. I wouldn't have won any of them, but I may have cost some winners some extra bread. lol

The only reason big Jim PACK went so cheap is I was in a meeting or it would go next to my new Star Team

If the owner is in the house and wants to make a profit PM me

My first Bronze Age book and because it's a #1 issue, thought I'd post it here.

Has a date stamp on cover but I'll survive. Won it on CL tonight.

That is pretty wicked Peter! Blows my 8.5ish raw out of the water for sure!

Just for the record, anyone else can certainly feel free to post any of their BA 1st issues in this thread as well. I know Doc joe picked up some monsters in this clink auction so anyone who wants, please post their pickups (thumbs u

Who's the MASTER of BA 1st issues now Biatches?!?!? lol

My daughter calls my son and I "comic book nerds" any time she gets a chance but when i showed her this, she begged for me to win it and hang it on her wall like i do my sons books. My wife loves the Smurfs and my daughter has been watching the Smurfs DVD's since she was like 5.

For $61, it was worth it to try and convert her to being one of us "comic book nerds"! :grin:

smurfs1.jpg

(thumbs u :applause:(worship)

The Smurfs Club welcomes its newest member (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3557667&fpart=1

Who's the MASTER of BA 1st issues now Biatches?!?!? lol

Biatch you still need one for your #1 collection. :baiting:

True! lol

Dont worry though, i wont put it in my sig line and incur peoples wrath like the AF15 for my son fiasco :baiting:

The one really cool book i won. I missed one of these about 3 months ago that went for about double what this one went for. Most of those 1st issues were thru the roof prices but somehow i won this one with a dirt cheap bid (shrug)

wmd1.jpg

You totally stole that... I would have bid $100 min. more if I noticed it. I did steal a Weird Wonder Tales 1 9.6 White last auction... and another just sold for 3X as much in this auction.

Nice Pick-Ups Joe... did you pursue the rarer Uncanny Tales 1 9.8, JIM v2 1 9.8, Fear 1 9.6, Beware 1 9.6, and the other (2) Western Title #1 9.8's? There were some really cool obscure stuff in this auction that you won't see again anytime soon I'm guessing. The Harvey 1 9.4 among them.

Looks like you won't be bidding on my Special Marvel Addition #1 anymore either. :P

The only reason big Jim PACK went so cheap is I was in a meeting or it would go next to my new Star Team

You think over 500 is cheap? :o Still pretty shocked it went for over 500...would have loved to see the final price if you were involved with the bidding. It is a hard to find book! You did get a really nice Star Team...for what seemed pretty cheap!

Nice Pick-Ups Joe... did you pursue the rarer Uncanny Tales 1 9.8, JIM v2 1 9.8, Fear 1 9.6, Beware 1 9.6, and the other (2) Western Title #1 9.8's? There were some really cool obscure stuff in this auction that you won't see again anytime soon I'm guessing. The Harvey 1 9.4 among them.

Looks like you won't be bidding on my Special Marvel Addition #1 anymore either. :P

left the others, have copies of a bunch of them, I think I got out bid on one of them

You think over 500 is cheap? :o Still pretty shocked it went for over 500...would have loved to see the final price if you were involved with the bidding. It is a hard to find book! You did get a really nice Star Team...for what seemed pretty cheap!

Would have bid maybe up to 1K, who knows where it would have landed, I simply dont know when you will see a high grade copy again

got these too

[

[

BubbleFunnies1.jpg

and some others

Maybe you know...Why do people keep taking about Bubble Funnies like they are rare or hard to get. Is it because there are not that many graded? (I have not checked..so I have no clue) I see raw ones all the time...dont seem rare at all...not sure why in the last C Link auctions they were in the text of almost every auction next to Big Jims Pack...which is a real pain to find.

Congrats Doc Joe on becoming numero uno in the Marvel Bronze Age First Issue set... (worship)

Thanks PiP,

not as cool as your Silver age firsts, but nice to finally be on top

I was close to colemoreman at one point, then I think he blew me away with an xmen 94 9.8

got these too

[

[

and some others

Maybe you know...Why do people keep taking about Bubble Funnies like they are rare or hard to get. Is it because there are not that many graded? (I have not checked..so I have no clue) I see raw ones all the time...dont seem rare at all...not sure why in the last C Link auctions they were in the text of almost every auction next to Big Jims Pack...which is a real pain to find.

1 in 9.4, 2 in 8.0

thats it on the census, no GPA recorded

rarer than action comics 1... hm

but..I am wondering if they will turn up on the registry or if they have been squirreled away somewhere not to see the light of day agin