• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

What did y'all think of the Action 7 1.0 sale. Sold right under $9,000?

I was thinking it was gonna go in the 9K-10K range so not far off. hm

It was a strong price (using Gator terminology) considering it was a very poor presenting copy with a large piece of cover missing essential art.

Basically it was a 1.0 that looked worse than many 0.5s But I'm sure that won't stop savvy buyers from quoting that sale as the going price for 1.0s that look like 5.0s

It was a strong price (using Gator terminology) considering it was a very poor presenting copy with a large piece of cover missing essential art.

Basically it was a 1.0 that looked worse than many 0.5s But I'm sure that won't stop savvy buyers from quoting that sale as the going price for 1.0s that look like 5.0s

It was a strong price. There's no way I could live with that much of the art on the cover missing. Especially for 9K

I think it could have looked a lot worse for a 1.0. The color on the book was very strong, and it didn't have the dingy appearance that many very low grade books have. And off-white to white pages for an Action #7 is nothing to sneeze at.

I think it could have looked a lot worse for a 1.0. The color on the book was very strong, and it didn't have the dingy appearance that many very low grade books have. And off-white to white pages for an Action #7 is nothing to sneeze at.

Wasn't trying to say it was overpriced or strong for a 1.0 but rather that it was a strong price for a book with such a big piece missing and that numbers alone can't tell you how desirable a book is because opinions vary widely about what is acceptable appearance in lower grade books, hence the wide variance in prices realized for books with identical label numbers yet vastly different appearance. But clearly there were at least two people who thought it was about that or more and there may well be more who think so the next time it goes up for sale

Edited by bluechip

I had thought it would go for 9-10k so I am good with grade and price. Would it be a better 1.0 if piece were off back cover? You bet. So I agree with bob that numbers alone don't tell the story. My guestimate would have been 12-14k of 1.0 with piece out of back versus front

Bob said that it's a 1.0 that looks worse than many .5 books. I don't agree with that.

Not saying it's true in all cases but I've seen more than a few .5s that I would consider more desirable. Granted they might not have had the same page quality, etc, (and if that matters more to you than a big piece out of the cover then this is your preferred copy) My basic point is that a number alone can't tell you whether books are equal in terms of desirability, so there will be a disparity in prices on low grade books with identical numbers, and people shouldn't expect that all copies with the same number will bring the same price -- or that a high or low price for one example will automatically mean an identically numbered book will get the same high or low price, because the defects strike buyers very diffrerently.

Bob said that it's a 1.0 that looks worse than many .5 books. I don't agree with that.

Not saying it's true in all cases but I've seen more than a few .5s that I would consider more desirable. Granted they might not have had the same page quality, etc, (and if that matters more to you than a big piece out of the cover then this is your preferred copy) My basic point is that a number alone can't tell you whether books are equal in terms of desirability, so there will be a disparity in prices on low grade books with identical numbers, and people shouldn't expect that all copies with the same number will bring the same price -- or that a high or low price for one example will automatically mean an identically numbered book will get the same high or low price, because the defects strike buyers very diffrerently.

Agreed. (thumbs u

This thread is in need of a :bump: .

Thanks for bumping that very interesting thread! What a surprise to see the Action Comics #23 copy I recently bought! It is a small world. :D

This thread is like a museum and you guys are a fountain of knowledge! Thanks for sharing!

Dom (thumbs u

Edited by Krusty007

anyone know what happened to metro's 8.0 restored action 1?

it was there a couple of days ago...

nope...in fact, I inquired about it weeks ago, requesting a price, but never got a response with a price :cry: and now it is gone (shrug)

nope...in fact, I inquired about it weeks ago, requesting a price, but never got a response with a price :cry: and now it is gone (shrug)

Rick, wasn't there a Universal 4.5 recently available? (shrug)

I think it was also a Metro book. hm

It's in their upcoming, focused auction.

Oh... doh!

Any predictions for us Mike?

Oh... doh!

Any predictions for us Mike?