• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There Are Two Sections of the CGC Forums

52 posts in this topic

You have to admit, the guys is as obsessive about SC #22 as Steve was of OO.

His name is Richard, though.

(thumbs u

No magic is the better word.

I like both words -- there is more magic and mystery to the pre-1963 comics. I continue to learn more about those books and much less frequently learn new things about 1963 and newer books.

There's just something ... iconic about the GA books for me. Plus, the fact that these books swirled around in a period time leading up to and including WWII (arguably the period of time when the U.S. rose to true prominence), well, it imbues them with a certain "aura" if you will--the magic and mystery both of you refer to. These books paved the way for the SA and later books that I also love. Lots of fun getting to acquire the occasional GA book :cloud9:

This is my favorite section of the forums, too. I prefer to lurk, however, because the collections I see posted from this age put my collection to shame more than any other era.

Don't be concerned with being up to some of the collections around here. For the most part, unless you are Jon Berk or Dave Anderson, there is always someone to put you to shame.

Share yours, I'm sure you will find us very appreciative. We all just love comics :)

This is my favorite section of the forums, too. I prefer to lurk, however, because the collections I see posted from this age put my collection to shame more than any other era.

Don't be concerned with being up to some of the collections around here. For the most part, unless you are Jon Berk or Dave Anderson, there is always someone to put you to shame.

Share yours, I'm sure you will find us very appreciative. We all just love comics :)

True dat. (thumbs u

Jon has been really cool posting lots of very, very rare stuff. As has Pat Calhoun.

hear hear!

I love my GA Bats and 'Tec collection. All 40 total copies of 'em.

:cloud9:

I would like to see scans of them someday. (thumbs u

They're being stored in Egypt, right Rock?

:jokealert: