• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is my favorite Fawcett cover by far

124 posts in this topic

This is my favorite Fawcett cover.

Ibis1.jpg

I'm ashamed to say, I've never read an Ibis before. Always been curious. That's a very special book. (thumbs u

To be honest, I`ve never read Ibis either. This was a book that I bought purely for the cover, which has fascinated me ever since I saw it in an OPG gallery many years ago.

I gotta go with this one for a favorite--

capjr4.jpg

The guy that drew that cover is a solid artist:. But doesn't Captain Marvel Jr. have a slightly odd look on his face. It's like he's mid-orgasm and I just don't think that sort of thing is cool for little kids.

Bad post.

That is one of my favorite CMJ covers but there were several really good ones by Mac Raboy and others.

2144709206_d530808665.jpg5279897089_b71cc6a832.jpg

3177417060_d5f443858b.jpg1737392538_f25f95095d.jpg

Metropolis has had the Mile High Whiz 22 on their site at 5k forever, so I'm sure that's what the reserve is at and I don't really see it hitting that.

I guess it's just the nature of Church copies that who ever owns a particular book can ask whatever price they want until they actually need to sell it. Witness Chuck Rozanski and his recent offering.

Have any top Fawcetts ever actually sold on ComicConnect? My memory is that they all seem to fail to meet reserve.

I think you're correct because the same big boys keep showing up every time. Master 21, 22,and 23 come to mind. There are several books that I would take a shot at but they're just a bit outside my current perception of a good value.

I keep looking at that Ibis 1 you have and I can see why you bought it just for the cover. It's a cool piece of artwork by the master.

Tim, resist the urge to bring the performance of Fawcetts in the market into to a favorite cover discussion

(tsk)

It was actually more a dig at CC. :gossip:

doh!

Or rather, it was a dig at CC`s ridiculous reserves.