• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is my favorite Fawcett cover by far

124 posts in this topic

I can see why you like those Vancouvers so much now. Beautiful copy. (thumbs u

It is indeed amazing to hold a book that`s almost 70 years old that looks like it just came off the newsstand. That expression gets over-used and is almost a cliche, but in this case it really is true. The freshness and vibrancy of the book, even through the slab, is simply astounding.

Let`s face it, I like just about any cover by Raboy!

CaptMarvelJr2.jpg

VERY nice!!! (worship) Especially nice considering about roughly 80% of the Vancouver pedigree are humor books!! Well done sir :grin:

the oo was a little twisted and thought crippled people were funny is the explanation for this one slipping in.

i hope threads like this and my "fenomenol fawcett..." one don't cause a ramp-up in raboy-cover prices 'til i get a little closer to filling the holes. 'bout got cmj done, but need alot of master's.

I can see why you like those Vancouvers so much now. Beautiful copy. (thumbs u

It is indeed amazing to hold a book that`s almost 70 years old that looks like it just came off the newsstand. That expression gets over-used and is almost a cliche, but in this case it really is true. The freshness and vibrancy of the book, even through the slab, is simply astounding.

I heard a CGC grader say that they didn't know what white pages really were until they saw the Vancouvers. Apparently they are stunning books.

master22.jpg

{gulp}... wow.

Nice! Some day I will own that trilogy.

me too, but that master 21 has eluded me thus far.

I owned the trilogy once, a long time ago, and very briefly. Then this ruthless bastich swooped in and, in an instant, they were gone

richard.jpg

whi1804a.jpg

and I like seeing it get the respect it deserves.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=214693&enlarge=2

It has it all, doesn't it?

Terrific yellow cover (yellow covers seem to have a strong following), hero/alterego, great reds, lightening.

Glad I found a copy for my run!

WhizComics227_0.jpg

Me too - my only Whiz, which I think I first saw in Richard O'Brien's book:

Whiz22.jpg

WhizComics22cgc92Crowley.jpg