• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem finding gradable copy of Deadpool Corps #11

8 posts in this topic

I believe it was three weeks ago that Deadpool Corps #11 and Deadpool Team-Up #884 came out. I looked at close to 100 copies of each and found many that the front covers on both were definately 9.8 quality BUT...the back cover of every single one, there were major creases on the spine right in the middle of the book. There is no way that this was cause by handling at either the comic shop or at Diamond.

Wondering if this was a production error that affected every copy out there or if there was just a large part of the run that this may have happened to.

I have people that subscribe to both of these titles and I need to know if I should look at retailers in a different part of the US or if it affected all books and CGC will take it into consideration.

Thanks

I noticed it as well. Looks like a production error on both books. I sent in the best copies of both books I could find. I recall Deadpool Team-Up was the worse of the two. Back cover pretty much center of the books had major kinks.

Thanks Dre. That's what I was afraid of. The ones I saw were exactly the same.

I worked in a printing/bindery shop in high school. We did random sampling as the run was going looking for printing irregulaties such as this...guess whomever was doing quality control that day was sleeping.

I notice as well on some moderns the day they came out.

I've ordered at least 10 copies of ALL NEW BATMAN BRAVE AND THE BOLD #2 from various sources. The front cover has 9.8 quality but the back cover had a bunch of spine creases.

Vane...do you by chance have any Brave and Bold 0 or 1 that are 9.8 quality?

I noticed the same on #2 but I took the two best and submitted them.

I do have #1 in a 9.8 quality.

Actually all the "ALL NEW BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD's" series has some serious printing defects that includes spine creases.

I picked up #5 that just came out last week at a local comic shop. I went through all 8 of them and luckily I found one 9.8 quality.