• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheryl blossom appearances
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I did this list for Archie a while back, its issue date, comic, issue #, story title, page length, significant notes, this includes all her pre love showdown appearances

:)

Oct-82 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 320 Dare to be Bare 5

Cheryl Blossom's Fashion Frolic 1

Oct-82 Jughead 325 Barely Friendly 6

Nov-82 Archie's Pal 'n' Gals 161 Snob Hill 11

Cheryl Blossom's Fashions Strictly Strips 1

Dec-82 Archie at Riverdale High 89 The Virtuos Villian 11

Dec-82 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 321 Pool Your Talents 5

Dec-82 Everything's Archie 104 Snob Hill Sextette 6

Feb-83 Archie at Riverdale High 90 The Governor's Gig 11

Feb-83 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 322 Fast and Loose 6

May-83 Archie 323 Which is Rich 5

Cheryl Blossom Struts Her Stuff 1

Jun-83 Archie Giant Series 526 Cheryl Blossom Fashion Hi-Lites 1

Jun-83 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 324 Aroma of Influence 5 Jason & Pembrook but no Cheryl

Jul-83 Archie 324 Over the Edge 6 mostly Jason, Cheryl 5 panels

Aug-83 Archie at Riverdale High 92 The Maim of the Gang 11 mostly Jason, Cheryl 4 panels

Sep-83 Archie 325 It's Friendship 5

Sep-83 Archie Giant Series 530 Fall Guys 6

Sep-83 Betty and Me 135 Mob in the Mall 5 Jason & Pembrook but no Cheryl

Sep-83 Everything's Archie 107 Bottoms Up 6

Sep-83 Life With Archie 238 Off With The Old 11 No Cheryl, Jason one panel

Oct-83 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 326 Wheels of Fortune 6 Jason, no Cheryl

Oct-83 Archie's TV Laugh-out 91 It Seams Sew Sad 6

Nov-83 Archie 326 Color Coded 6

Nov-83 Betty and Me 136 Tail of Woe 6 mostly Jason, Cheryl 1 panel

Dec-83 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 327 Peer Pressure 6 Jason, no Cheryl

Teamwork 5 Cheryl 4 panels only

Glow Worm 6

Dec-83 Laugh 380 Fallen Woman 5

Feb-84 Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 328 Wild West Fashions 1

Hot Stuff 5

Apr-84 Archie at Riverdale High 96 Blindman's Bluff 11 mostly Jason, Cheryl 5 panels

Jun-84 Archie at Riverdale High 97 The Great All-American Pembrooke-Riverdale

Food-Eating Contest Munchie Mania 10

Aug-84 Archie at Riverdale High 98 5 Ring Circus 5 mostly Jason, Cheryl 2 panels

Sep-84 Pep 396 front cover 1

Oct-84 Archie at Riverdale High 99 But in the Long Run 10

Cheryl Blossom's California Fashions 1

Feb-85 Archie at Riverdale High 101 The Great Quiz Whiz Contest 11 Jason & Pembrook but no Cheryl

Jun-85 Archie at Riverdale High 103 Divide and Conquer 12

It's so hard to find info on Archie comics. I had tried putting a list together for Cheryl Blossom but stopped early on. I just pulled these from Overstreet 2010 for you and add the comments:

Archie and Friends (1992) 79 (Cheryl Blossom Returns)

Archie at Riverdale High 90 (Early Cheryl Blossom); 99; 103 (Archie dates CB)

Archie Comics 323 (CB pinup); 325 CB Appearance; 326 Early CB

Archie's Girls B&V 320 (Intro); 321; 322 (CB meets Archie 1st time) 328

Archie's Pals 'n Gals 161 (3rd App/ 1st Solo & pinup; 2nd Jason Blossom)

Archie's TV Laugh-Out 91 (early CB)

Betty and Me 136 (CB Cameo)

B&V Spectacular (1992) 48 (CB Leaves Riverdale) 64 (CB Returns)

Jughead 325

Laugh 380

Pep Comics (1940) 396 (early CB)

Veronica 39 (pt 4 Love Showdown); 155

Overstreet doesn't list all the appearances. I know this when I used it for Katy Keene. Here's a few more that I found from other sites but I don't have the issues so I cannot verify the accuracy. I believe I took this info from http://www.nostalgiazone.com/

ARCHIE 441

ARCHIE AT RIVERDALE HIGH 89 , 92

I just found this site that may be helpful: http://www.xowcomics.com/search.htm?s=&c=&q=cheryl+blossom

Of course don't forget about her 3 special minis and own run. These are all hard to find. Most LCS will tell you that they throw any archies they get in the dollar bins which sell out within a couple of weeks. If you have any leads on Archies please let me know.

Edit: Here's another source that has more:

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=13269

http://www.comics.org/character/name/cheryl%20blossom/sort/alpha/

Edited by nocutename

I'm assuming that as far as Archies go these have a little premium (aside from her first app, which has a big one)... at what point in her appearances in the 80's is it not worth hunting these down and at what point is $2 each just way too much for these? i have a flea market guy with a lot of these from the early/mid 80's (I haven't searched for CB issues yet) in nice shape, but he is fixated on getting $2 each for them, which is way more than I pay for Archies in general (well, at least later than the mid-60's or so and a few other execptions (like I'd probably pay more for pristine Giant size issues, Sabrinas and what not).

Archie back issues seem to be hard to find at any price :cry:

I used to always buy them out of the bargain bins but they are all gone now. I would buy them in bulk for bargain rates on eBay if they ever got listed that way. Someone was selling a nice collection on here that I was very tempted to get but had absolutely no room for. But if it's an issue you need and it's right in front of you $2 seems alright since finding them anywhere else will just be a hassle.

I used to always buy them out of the bargain bins but they are all gone now. I would buy them in bulk for bargain rates on eBay if they ever got listed that way. Someone was selling a nice collection on here that I was very tempted to get but had absolutely no room for. But if it's an issue you need and it's right in front of you $2 seems alright since finding them anywhere else will just be a hassle.

If you are looking for individual issues, I am finding them extremely difficult. I am trying to collect Katy Keene appearances in some of the 80's Archie titles. I am down to one issue but I am sure more exist but aren't documented.

As for Cheryl Blossom, she is in demand and her comics are hard to find. I think $2 an issue is nice condition is very reasonable. Lately, I feel that dollar comics has past.

I was having trouble finding the last issues of the Cheryl 32 pages series. Recently, I found the collector sets on archiecomics.com for issues 18 all the way through the final issue.

I checked tonight and couldn't find them available anymore. I don't know if they sold out or what but they were not listed.

Hmmm, I see a lot of them in my neck of the woods. But hunting specific issues is another story. I buy based on corny covers (and since 99.99% of them are pretty corny, that makes it easy). I tend to go 1976 or earlier, but with Archies, that's probably just the opposite of what I should be doing as the stuff from the 80's is probably harder to find.

I was having trouble finding the last issues of the Cheryl 32 pages series. Recently, I found the collector sets on archiecomics.com for issues 18 all the way through the final issue.

I checked tonight and couldn't find them available anymore. I don't know if they sold out or what but they were not listed.

Once they put her as feature story in B&V Friends DD, her back issues sold out. I was waiting until I collected the minis and missed out on the series in the Archie store.

Hmmm, I see a lot of them in my neck of the woods. But hunting specific issues is another story. I buy based on corny covers (and since 99.99% of them are pretty corny, that makes it easy). I tend to go 1976 or earlier, but with Archies, that's probably just the opposite of what I should be doing as the stuff from the 80's is probably harder to find.

I believe you are in NY like me. If you don't mind telling me where there is a good place to find Archies, I would appreciate it. I am looking for some from the 80's and a series from 2000. I had gone to Roger's but he told me when the come in he dumps them into the dollar bins.

I believe you are in NY like me. If you don't mind telling me where there is a good place to find Archies, I would appreciate it. I am looking for some from the 80's and a series from 2000. I had gone to Roger's but he told me when the come in he dumps them into the dollar bins.

Rogers is a place I've bought a bunch. I see them a lot in $1-$2 boxes at shows around here (so less per book you buy a stack). I'd imagine Koch's Avalanche of Wonder has them for that range too (I wasn't looking for those last time I was there though). I'm not talking about the CB issues, just Archies in general. I bought a bunch out of the 50 cent box (and was charged 5 cents each) from a place that went under last year (Joe Rock's Dugout). I bought some cheap ones at Midtown comics when they opened up downtown and had a 40 (or was it 50)% off sale. Chameleon has had them in the past for $1 (and I bought them there), but haven't seen them for a while. I'm not going to give you the info on my flea market guy...at least until I pick him clean of anything good. :-)

Rogers is a place I've bought a bunch. I see them a lot in $1-$2 boxes at shows around here (so less per book you buy a stack). I'd imagine Koch's Avalanche of Wonder has them for that range too (I wasn't looking for those last time I was there though). I'm not talking about the CB issues, just Archies in general. I bought a bunch out of the 50 cent box (and was charged 5 cents each) from a place that went under last year (Joe Rock's Dugout). I bought some cheap ones at Midtown comics when they opened up downtown and had a 40 (or was it 50)% off sale. Chameleon has had them in the past for $1 (and I bought them there), but haven't seen them for a while. I'm not going to give you the info on my flea market guy...at least until I pick him clean of anything good. :-)

Thanks. I guess it's just hit and miss. I should stake out the flea markets down in the city but I usually find enough good deals at local garage sales. Thanks for the heads up. So far I have had zero luck with the LCS in Westchester and the one in Stamford I go to. I was going to start calling around but figured it's easier to find them at auction or My Comic Shop.

You're right. With 37 issues in the regular series and another 13 issues or so in mini-series, they can seem plentiful but when you try to locate specific issues, it's tougher.

BV #320 is probably going to get harder to find as well. The various comic message boards have raised awareness of Cheryl as well as her more recent Archie appearances so it seems to be increasing demand.

You're right. With 37 issues in the regular series and another 13 issues or so in mini-series, they can seem plentiful but when you try to locate specific issues, it's tougher.

BV #320 is probably going to get harder to find as well. The various comic message boards have raised awareness of Cheryl as well as her more recent Archie appearances so it seems to be increasing demand.

This is just about the weirdest period of Archies to collect. Not only are the early Cheryl Blosom issues a challenge, but I swear that some weirdo distribution thing must have been going on. For almost all Archie titles during that time, there are long stretches were you can't find any issues. At one point 3 years ago, I noticed that neither Lone Star, Mile High, or Dolgoff had ANY issues from a 6 month period listed in ANY condition. This changes, of course, but the relative infrequency that they appear is mighty odd. You would expect to see lots of large lots of these books on ebay, and they just don't show up as often as books either earlier or later.

I've been trying to collect all the early appearances of Cheryl Blossom for a while now, without having to pay extremely high prices, but there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of cheap copies out there. I used to find these in flea markets and in dollar boxes, but even the comic shops that used to have them cheap are now picking them out and pricing them at Overstreet and eBay prices. I have picked up several pieces of Cheryl Blossom original art, including this pinup from her third appearance in Archie's Pals N Gals #161:

archiespalsngals161CherylBlossompinup.jpg