• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Simpsons #1

17 posts in this topic

There is some scuff on the purple and green on the back cover, the red corner on back cover has some color rub also, it may drop it to a 9.6. Although a 9.8 is still very possible. All the 9.9's and 10.0 on this particular comic came from my submissions, I've looked at plenty of them.

Hey Liaton, I got myself this issue the other day too :) Simpsons 1 :cloud9: 9.6, possibly a 9.8 seems about right. I don't see how a press would benefit this, it's just the colour rub and little scuffs that concern me, but I'd still say it has a 9.8 shot. Sweet book dude!!

:( might have to buy another copy then, I really wanted a 9.8...

Why? (shrug) That's a beaut!

Because anything less than CGC 9.8 wp is total junk. Duh.

:( might have to buy another copy then, I really wanted a 9.8...

Why? (shrug) That's a beaut!

Because anything less than CGC 9.8 wp is total junk. Duh.

Actually, I don't usually go by that rule. My 4 ASM slabs are 8.5, 9.2 and two 9.6s with a few being OW. However, with anything Simpsons, the Registry doesn't give a hell of a lot for anything below 9.8. My goal is to have the highest ranked sets in all of the Simpsons sets, so I pretty much absolutely need 9.8's here. A 9.6 might be okay for the #1, but I'm going to buy it rather than submit it to save on fees.