• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Superhero Battle Royale!

Which of these heroes do you like the best?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these heroes do you like the best?

44 posts in this topic

Iran Man only has 5 votes. hm

I've asked the mods to change that to Iron Man. Two to one though that they do diddly squat about it. I've not seen them doing anything helpful on this forum.

:makepoint:

meh

Too bad "What If" isn't being made anymore, this would be a good read.

They do still make what if books. For the last few years, they've done it typically taking big events from the previous year, usually coming out in 5 books late in the calendar year. In December they did What If for Siege, Dark Reign, and a few more. They've done Planet Hulk and World War Hulk in the past.

"By the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr!" - Mine is the only Doctor Strange vote right now. Where are you sorcerer wannabes...

Hulk wins in a battle royale. I found out later that the poll was just who you "liked", but I had already voted. I like the good doctor more though, if it helps.

Dan

"By the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr!" - Mine is the only Doctor Strange vote right now. Where are you sorcerer wannabes...

Hulk wins in a battle royale. I found out later that the poll was just who you "liked", but I had already voted. I like the good doctor more though, if it helps.

Dan

(thumbs u

I like Hulk the best - but Thor is a close second and has cleaned his clock in the past...

You should have put which versions of the the characters ie. specific artists/writers as they are the ones who make or break a character.

Now if you were to say Walt Simonson's version of Thor vs. say Jack Kirby/Stan Lee Hulk - Thor wins hands down.

"Planet Hulk" Hulk vs. "Odin Force" Thor - now that would be some kind of batte.

Have you read What If (vol.1) #45 (...the Hulk Went Berserk)? Now that was one extremely brief fight. Toward the end, the Hulk managed to knock Mjolnir away from Thor who then had no choice but to end the fight (and kill Hulk in the process) within ONE MINUTE or risk changing into Don Blake.

It was with the Lee/Kirby Thor where we first learn about "warrior's madness", a condition where Thor (or any Asgardian) goes berserk and doesn't hold back like he normally would when fighting a foe. When he succumbs to "warrior's madness", his strength increases TEN TIMES. But this is an extremely rare occurrence since Thor is mindful that under this condition, he becomes dangerous to both friend and foe alike. But imagine that, especially when considering at his normal level of strength, Thor is already one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe!

I believe Thor was at his most powerful during the "Ragnarok" story arc from issues THOR (vol.2) #'s 80 to 85. Here, after having gone through the "trials" to gain knowledge and wisdom, Thor possessed both the Odin Force AND the extremely potent Rune Magic. After he accomplished his mission to put an end to the Ragnarok cycle (where everyone in the Asgardian Nine Worlds perished), Thor went into a period of hibernation in some void in space (and out of the Marvel Universe for the next three years). Sadly, it was within this period where I believe the Hulk was at his peak, "World War Hulk" where he and his allies captured and/or defeated just about every hero (against whom he sought revenge) on Earth. How convenient that Marvel decided not to have Thor around at that time. Now that would have been a battle royale. I guess the twain shall never meet.

Oh yeah. For the record, I voted for Thor. But I like Hulk as well.

Why no Spider-Man or Captian America or Wolverine or any other XMen?

1. What's the point of including Spider-Man in these polls? He would win by a landslide.

2. Are you arguing then that it was too early to reach any conclusions from my previous poll?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4659848&fpart=1

On the basis of those results I moved Captain America on to face the Thing and dropped Wolverine from this round for being DFL.

:makepoint:

I like Hulk the best - but Thor is a close second and has cleaned his clock in the past...

You should have put which versions of the the characters ie. specific artists/writers as they are the ones who make or break a character.

Now if you were to say Walt Simonson's version of Thor vs. say Jack Kirby/Stan Lee Hulk - Thor wins hands down.

"Planet Hulk" Hulk vs. "Odin Force" Thor - now that would be some kind of batte.

Have you read What If (vol.1) #45 (...the Hulk Went Berserk)? Now that was one extremely brief fight. Toward the end, the Hulk managed to knock Mjolnir away from Thor who then had no choice but to end the fight (and kill Hulk in the process) within ONE MINUTE or risk changing into Don Blake.

It was with the Lee/Kirby Thor where we first learn about "warrior's madness", a condition where Thor (or any Asgardian) goes berserk and doesn't hold back like he normally would when fighting a foe. When he succumbs to "warrior's madness", his strength increases TEN TIMES. But this is an extremely rare occurrence since Thor is mindful that under this condition, he becomes dangerous to both friend and foe alike. But imagine that, especially when considering at his normal level of strength, Thor is already one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe!

I believe Thor was at his most powerful during the "Ragnarok" story arc from issues THOR (vol.2) #'s 80 to 85. Here, after having gone through the "trials" to gain knowledge and wisdom, Thor possessed both the Odin Force AND the extremely potent Rune Magic. After he accomplished his mission to put an end to the Ragnarok cycle (where everyone in the Asgardian Nine Worlds perished), Thor went into a period of hibernation in some void in space (and out of the Marvel Universe for the next three years). Sadly, it was within this period where I believe the Hulk was at his peak, "World War Hulk" where he and his allies captured and/or defeated just about every hero (against whom he sought revenge) on Earth. How convenient that Marvel decided not to have Thor around at that time. Now that would have been a battle royale. I guess the twain shall never meet.

Oh yeah. For the record, I voted for Thor. But I like Hulk as well.

Very nice post - I shall go and find a copy of that book.

I had forgotten (as have the writers of modern Marvel apparently) about the "Warrior's Madness". Do you recall the issue #'s and titles for that story arc?

I agree with your assesment of the highest points of power for both Hulk and Thor.

Coincidently, I believe those two storylines have been the most popular in terms of exposure and fanboy's. The certainly were to me.