• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman (1978) or Batman (1989)

Superman or Batman  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Superman or Batman

86 posts in this topic

IMHO Superman is the best superhero comicbook movie ever made. Batman was OK I guess, though I much prefer Batman Begins.

That Batman movie ushered in the era of rubber suited superheroes.

A great trophy on it's bookshelf, but Superman ushered in the era of the seriously toned comic movie blockbusters.

I'm perplexed as to why the voting is this close. Superman is the greatest comic movie ever made, bar none.

Pfffft. You're old.

DISCLAIMER. The preceding comment is not meant as an insult to Dice, old people, or juvenile diabetes.

IMHO Superman is the best superhero comicbook movie ever made. Batman was OK I guess, though I much prefer Batman Begins.

A great trophy on it's bookshelf, but Superman ushered in the era of the seriously toned comic movie blockbusters.

I'm perplexed as to why the voting is this close. Superman is the greatest comic movie ever made, bar none.

Pfffft. You're old.

DISCLAIMER. The preceding comment is not meant as an insult to Dice, old people, or juvenile diabetes.

We're about the same age and I agree with Dice..what does that say? ;)

+1

You got that right! Spider-Man 1 was 2nd.

Although I was much older, Spider Man 1 did give me a similar rush that Superman did.

I was so excited to finally get a Spidey movie and I thought they knocked it out of the park.

I like Spidey 2 better than Spidey 1 purely because of the story, but Spidey 2 didn't give me those virginal butterflies like Spidey 1 did. :whee:

Pfffft. You're old.

When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmmph!

Pfffft. You're old.

Looks like my disclaimers are working. I don't know why I didn't think of them years ago. hm

Pfffft. You're old.

Looks like my disclaimers are working. I don't know why I didn't think of them years ago. hm

Nah. I'm just not an uptight fuddy duddy that doesn't know how to take you.

DISCLAIMER: The preceding comment is not meant as an insult to any of you uptight fuddy duddies that may be reading this.

Pfffft. You're old.

Nah. I'm just not an uptight fuddy duddy that doesn't know how to take you.

DISCLAIMER: The preceding comment is not meant as an insult to any of you uptight fuddy duddies that may be reading this.

I've never loved you more than I do at this moment.

:luhv:

I voted for Batman simply because the element of nostalgia. Batman was one of the first movies I saw in a Drive-In (do those still exist?) and I was but a wee tyke. While I appreciate the Superman movie for what it is, I've got more of a personal connection with the Batman movie.

Superman is on my short list of movies that were pure magic when I saw them for the first time.

Batman was good, but Supes was legendary. :luhv:

I was always a bit disappointed in the 1989 BATMAN. The -script and characterization were underdeveloped, though the movie is still loads of fun(and 1989 was an amazing year for Batfans and comic collectors). But SUPERMAN is a great movie, even with the flaws. Geoffrey Unsworth's cinematography, the score, Reeve's portrayal,the grandeur...I'll never forget seeing it for the first time as a kid, and being absolutely floored by it.

Batman was a bit disappointing for me, especially after the onslaught of constant, OTT, in-your-face hype which preceded it. I enjoyed the film, certainly, but I didn't think it was quite that special or deserving.

In contrast, I went in to watch Superman without having paid a great deal of attention to its hype and, in fact, not being particularly excited about it, and I simply discovered a much better written, directed, emotionally-moving and involving film. :)

I think for some it's not a case of which movie is better, it more a case of which movie did you see in the theatre in your youth and bonded with.

I dunno. I was 6 when Supes came out, and loved it. It made a huge impact on my life, and had me doing some crazy things around the house.

I was 17 when Bats came out, and it, too, make a huge impact on my life.

It's like trying to pick your favorite grandparent. You love them both, but they're totally different.

On a scale of 1-10, Superman is a 43, and Bats is a 46. Hopefully, that makes some sense.

Greatest line in a superhero movie, ever.

"Kneel before Zod."

Second greatest line in a superhero movie, ever.

"I'm Batman."

Superman...all the way...

and greatest line in a Superhero movie ever - "You've got me! Whose got you?" - still puts a smile on my face every time I watch it, even thrity years on!!!

Greatest line in a superhero movie, ever.

"Kneel before Zod."

Second greatest line in a superhero movie, ever.

"I'm Batman."

Superman...all the way...

and greatest line in a Superhero movie ever - "You've got me! Whose got you?" - still puts a smile on my face every time I watch it, even thrity years on!!!

Me too.