• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aronofsky walks away from Wolverine- all interest evaportates

25 posts in this topic

Really, did you guys actually think that a quality director like him would do WOLVERINE? Nothing's impossible, but I doubt someone whose latest flick won Oscar awards would direct something like this right after.

Seems like a huge step back....

My positive take on it is

He thinks he is too important now to do a comicbook movie,so I say let him walk!

I bet the next Wolverine movie will outgross Aronofsky`s next movie.

I remember how everybody wanted Ang Lee to direct Hulk and we know that disappointed,sometimes these artsy fartsy directors just don`t get superheroes so maybe it`s a blessing. (thumbs u

Really, did you guys actually think that a quality director like him would do WOLVERINE? Nothing's impossible, but I doubt someone whose latest flick won Oscar awards would direct something like this right after.

He thinks he is too important now to do a comicbook movie,so I say let him walk!

I remember how everybody wanted Ang Lee to direct Hulk and we know that disappointed,sometimes these artsy fartsy directors just don`t get superheroes so maybe it`s a blessing. (thumbs u

I think Ang Lee's Hulk movie was far superior to the other one. Ang's version could have had the Hulk make an appearance much sooner than 45 minutes into the film, but the more recent film he didnt show up until 27 minutes in.

Nothing in the newer film tops the Hulk taking on those 3 tanks in Ang's version. I got to see the Hulk throw a tank like half a mile away!

I think The Wolverine was a perfect for Aronofsky even with the success of Black Swan.

1) We're of an age of A-list directors for these properties, i.e. Nolan on Batman Begins, Sense and Sensibility director Ang Lee on Incredible Hulk; and Kenneth Branagh on Thor.

2) As with pre-Batman Nolan, prior to Black Swan, Aronofsky's films have had trouble breaking even. He could use a blockbuster hit to solidify his status with the studios. Another option would be to try for a Bond flick following the forthcoming Sam Mendes one.

I get not wanting to film in Japan now (which could prove prohibitively expensive even if the radiation danger is contained--imagine being set to film in New Orleans and then Katrina hit), but I'd like to think he would stick with the property.

As good as Spider-Man was, I still haven't forgiven James Cameron for backing out once Titanic hit big.

yeah, who needs picasso when you can have thomas kincaide :screwy:.

I had forgotten ANG LEE directed the first HULK movie. Then again, I've forgotten about that movie altogether... And NOLAN too. How did I forget about him? That's what happens when I post so early in the morning - the noggin ain't workin' at full capacity. doh!

If only more quality directors like NOLAN could do justice to a SUPERHERO movie...

Then again, I'm just not a fan of the superhero movies in general. Heck, I even gave up on modern superhero comics last year. I guess I've had my fill of the supes, regardless of the medium.

Back to WOLVERINE. The first WOLVERINE movie was soooo bad that I cannot imagine any director worth a grain of salt wanting to be associated with a new one, unless they're simply out to prove they can do better. A-list directors (and actors) must have a pile of project opportunities, so why take chance on something like this? As for box office totals. Well the gate really doesn't represent the quality of a movie...

yeah, who needs picasso when you can have thomas kincaide :screwy:.

Aronofsky`s Black Swan was a very dark depressing picture, if you want your superhero movies or comic books like that then more power to you. (thumbs u