• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread : CLASSIFIED !!

100 posts in this topic

Here is my own ad I ran with a collecting friend of mine in the late 70's Notice the total disclosure of resto. Pretty honest for a couple of 15 year olds. :o

I remember that FF #1 well. It went through a flood and would be an excellent pressing candidiate. lol We thought we were hot mess with that one.

scan0005-2.jpg

Great ad, just wondering how did the majority of your comics sell back then? 20 cents a copy even back then didn`t seem like much. I think even a stamp was like 15 cents back then to mail them. hm

Wow, top dollar for that Kull #1 with brittle pages.

TBG138suicidethreat.jpg

Cry for help - suicide prevention - you guessed it - Classified :makepoint:

Karl Kesel is a DC writer/artist. Since we know he's alive and well, it must mean he finally got his Frazetta portfolio :whee:

Excellent prodigy !! Its like Paul Harveys "the rest of the story" :applause:

TBG149GAcomicsphoto.jpg

A couple of comic shop owners showing their great books.

The guy on the left couldn't grow a mustache

so he opted to wear checkered pants :grin:

hm .... was that uncalled for ? Nah....... they could very well be brothers :grin:

TBG149canadiansatry.jpg

Dave or Greggy lollol

I'm gonna lobby our PM to change Canada's slogan from 'Beaver, trees and a heck of a lot more trees' to 'Give Canada a try'.

Great thread Mike. Rivals your redonkulous Thor's Hammer thread.

Parliment needs you Dave (thumbs u

I have exhausted my source material :(

Its been fun....

yea, I'm easily amused :busy:

I release this thread to the archives ..... :grin::acclaim:

TBG280archiead.jpg

Great thread Senormac! :applause:

+1

Yes, an absolutely great thread! (thumbs u

It's always great to see these old ads that just makes you wish that you could have a time machine. Especially the one by Snyder listing some HG GA gems for what amounts to virtually nothing nowadays. I was hoping that you had another ad from Snyder somewhere in your reference library.

Thanks again for a fun read. :applause:

TBG148GAforsale.jpg

Oh, the prices :cloud9:

Check out his refs...heavy hitters indeed.

So you could own a full run of X-Men, Conan, Daredevil, and Avengers for about $750. Comes out to less than $2 a book and in NM condition at a minimum, too!

That's the father of John K Snyder III, the painter of many an Overstreet cover.

Somewhere I have a copy of the CBG issue from 1981 where I sold original art, including the double page Perez splash to X-Men Annual 3, a bunch of Neal Adams Deadman pages, the Neal Adams artwork for Brave and the Bold 94, a couple Adams Batman pages, six John Byrne Marvel Team Up covers, and about 10 Byrne X-Men pages.

Whoops.

Somewhere I have a copy of the CBG issue from 1981 where I sold original art, including the double page Perez splash to X-Men Annual 3, a bunch of Neal Adams Deadman pages, the Neal Adams artwork for Brave and the Bold 94, a couple Adams Batman pages, six John Byrne Marvel Team Up covers, and about 10 Byrne X-Men pages.

Whoops.

All these came from an 8 issue lot I picked up on ebay for around $3.00 apiece.

If I come across any more ....