• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman

89 posts in this topic

I applaud them for taking the chance on this show in a world that is so pick pick picky on every tiny detail regarding this character.

I think she looks great and I am willing togive the show a chance.

Seriously, to the people who are ragging on this - at least NBC is taking a chance on a show of this nature and investing the $$$ to produce something you'll be able to watch for free. Is that not worth applauding, at a minimum, over the development of another Law and Order-style crime drama or Joey-style sitcom?

It might not be perfect but wait until you see the finished product before dismissing it as garbage, by Hera!

Yeesh...

raw footage usually looks crappy. gotta get in there a recolorize and clean it up.

why is she running anyway? I forget, doesnt WW fly?

Besides, none of this is the actual raw footage from a $200K HD movie camera, its just joe blow blogger on the street with a camcorder or still camera, what do you people expect?

And she is chasing a badguy

thats right, the invisible plane. so how does she get around? shes as strong as Superman, is a Goddess. but needs a personal jet to get places? How did I never think this was silly all those years ago?

Its impractical enough having to believe Batman takes his Batmobile everywhere and gets there in instants (and parks it too!)

but a plane ?

First of all the costume is wrong. Wonder Woman wears shorts. Secondly, Wonder Woman's costume doesn't have a shiny wet look that the one Adrianne sports features. Finally, Lynda Carter looked like Wonder Woman. Adrianne does not. With all the tens of thousands of actresses eager for the part, you would think they could have found a physical match.

doh!

Fiest of all the costume is wrong. Wonder Woman wears shorts. Secondly, Wonder Woman's costume doesn't have a shiny wet look that the one Adrianne sports features. Finally, Lynda Carter looked like Wonder Woman. Adrianne does not. With all the tens of thousands of actresses eager for the part, you would think they could have found a physical match.

How is she not a physical match? And the costume in these pics is straight from the comics, they gave her a suit like this starting in the 1980s.

The fact that hollywood regularly puts millions into movies featuring the comic characters we collect is something I could have only dreamed of when I was a kid. I could not have believed that in this day and age we would have a half-dozen films due out and several tv shows featuring super-heros. So what're we complaining about? This is what's going to bring new collectors into the fold, unfortunately comics books only currently reach a small demographic. Let's give these attempts a little more credit for keeping comic super-heros mainstream.

Fiest of all the costume is wrong. Wonder Woman wears shorts. Secondly, Wonder Woman's costume doesn't have a shiny wet look that the one Adrianne sports features. Finally, Lynda Carter looked like Wonder Woman. Adrianne does not. With all the tens of thousands of actresses eager for the part, you would think they could have found a physical match.

How is she not a physical match? And the costume in these pics is straight from the comics, they gave her a suit like this starting in the 1980s.

I would've loved it if they put her in a skirt. I always thought the skirt was the sexiest look for WW.

Diana2.jpg