• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The thing that sucks about Facebook...

54 posts in this topic

Yeah, that too. Also

• Photos of people's kids
  • Photos of people's dinners
  • Updates about being at the gym
  • Annoying politics that I don't agree with
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.

My favorite game on Facebook was clicking on the ads and rating them all as offensive, annoying, or sexually explicit.

It's kinda like Space Invaders. You clear out one row of ads and new ones pop back up.

There's another option that lets you give a specific complaint in a long text box. I like to cut and paste Wikipedia articles into those.

For some reason, If I do that for extended periods, it starts posting NSA ads.

Now I run a Greasemonkey -script that removes the ads on most pages. Filtering is cool.

DG

I remember when facebook was just for university students.

That was good times. Now I have my parents, grandparents and ex-girlfriends kids on facebook.

its kind of ridiculous.

You might be one to something as now Facebook is considered dead and buried as teens switch to Snapchat and Whatsapp.

Facebook 'dead and buried' as teens switch to Snapchat and Whatsapp.

I remember when facebook was just for university students.

That was good times. Now I have my parents, grandparents and ex-girlfriends kids on facebook.

its kind of ridiculous.

[font:Book Antiqua]That smell like child support...

[/font]

:P

I have FB for the lulz

This just made me laugh:

Disclaimer: This is not making fun of God, Jesus or anyone's religion. This is simply a prank email and you can even hear the production crew giggling once they realize what is happening.

lol,

I hate that I don't know how to use it, but that I was sucked into joining by some friends.

I have one friend that is constantly updating his facebook status with every small detail and I am constantly getting emails about it. Hate it, but I don't know how to change/ fix it. I just keep deleting the email notifications lol.

I prefer twitter and Instagram but Facebook isn't too bad.

I recently de-friended some people who are just annoying on there. One person is always posting about their atheism and their conspiracy theories...had to get rid of him.

I have one friend on there who thinks it's craigslist and they try to sell their furniture and stuff. lol

Nobody even responds when she lists her junk.

One of my favorite guys on Instagram has a page with nothing but hot women dressed in superhero outfits interspersed with government conspiracy theories. So, he'll show a pic of some girl with daddy issues laying on a bed in batman undies, then the next pic is planes flying over his house, and him railing on about chemtrails, and how the "sheeple" need to wake up!

:ohnoez:

He's bat-spoon crazy, but it's fun to watch.

I started a boardies on Instagram thread awhile back, maybe it's time for a bump...

lol,

I hate that I don't know how to use it, but that I was sucked into joining by some friends.

I have one friend that is constantly updating his facebook status with every small detail and I am constantly getting emails about it. Hate it, but I don't know how to change/ fix it. I just keep deleting the email notifications lol.

You can block newsfeeds of friends. Sometimes this is better than deletion.

One of my favorite guys on Instagram has a page with nothing but hot women dressed in superhero outfits interspersed with government conspiracy theories. So, he'll show a pic of some girl with daddy issues laying on a bed in batman undies, then the next pic is planes flying over his house, and him railing on about chemtrails, and how the "sheeple" need to wake up!

Thanks for the link!

...is that they don't have all the cool smilies.

(worship)

:shy:

:sumo:

:acclaim:

(thumbs u

:popcorn:

:baiting:

:luhv:

:whee:

:ohnoez:

:taptaptap:

Definitely – I have started to use our cool smilies even on the italian comics collectors forum I participate in. :)

As it has been pointed out, anyway, Facebook sucks for almost everything, not just the lack of smilies… lol

Thanks for the link!

:grin:

His page is private, so a link would be poops McGee. His account got deleted a few times, apparently button humping is a popular pastime all over the interwebs.

Capes_and_cloaks is his name, if you happen to be on IG

Thanks for the link!

:grin:

His page is private, so a link would be poops McGee. His account got deleted a few times, apparently button humping is a popular pastime all over the interwebs.

Capes_and_cloaks is his name, if you happen to be on IG

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.