• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Toronto Sketch report (PICS)

15 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I went to the WW Toronto show this past Friday and Saturday. Most of the sketches I got on Friday, with a couple being completed on the Saturday. I got everyone I went for except Mark Texiera (who had Passport issues).

Friday went very well. I arrived early to help Paradise Comics set up there booth, only to find that everything was ready. So I had a chance to wander before the show.

First up was Ken Lashley. If you haven't talked to him, I highly suggest doing it if you ever get the chance. He is such a personable guy. He did this Elektra for me as his first sketch of the day:

IMG_3760.jpg

I then got on a couple of sketch lists for pick up later on. And I was lucky that I did as Saturday was absolute chaos.

The next one up is one of my favorites. It was done by Daxiong, who I had not heard of before. But WOW, he is awesome.

IMG_3769.jpg

Later on in the evening I picked up my last 2 of the day. The first one was from Mike Grell, who thanked me for not asking for a character with "Green" in their name. :P

IMG_3762.jpg

And last but not least for Friday, was my Wolverine as a zombie by Dale Keown.

IMG_3768.jpg

Saturday to follow...

Ken Lashley is a wonderful person. I talked to him the whole time he drew my Boba Fett last year.

How long did you have to wait on Dale?

Well, there was one sketch ahead of me, but I got it back in 3.5 hours. Which is pretty good for him.

Saturday was a lot busier, but I still managed to snag a few.

First up was from Ken Niimura (I Kill Giants):

IMG_3761.jpg

After that I had to wait a bit as it got busy at the booth. But once it slowed down I had a nice chat with Agnes Garbowska who turned one of my commissions into a print (never had that done before). The first picture is the print, and the second was a sketch she did for me:

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

Next up was a sketch by Richard Pace:

IMG_3763.jpg

And lastly, I went back to Daxiong earlier in the day and asked if he could do another one for me as I absolutely loved the first. When I picked it up, he was being interviewed by a woman for a Chinese TV station. She then asked me for an impromptu interview. :screwy:

IMG_3765.jpg

That's it for sketches. As usual I spent way too much money, but I am very happy with the results.

Alex

Great sketches, Alex! :golfclap: Man, I haven't been back for a Toronto-show since you gave me a hand on that Serenity yellow-label trio way back in July of '08. Clearly, I'm overdue... hey, maybe it's "Fan Expo" time.

In fact, I recall a sneak peek of a very special Supergirl by Joseph Michael Linsner back at that time... :blush:

(thumbs u (thumbs u